Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fastest ding thread  (Read 1925 times)

SHRN

• View Profile
Fastest ding thread
« on: March 30, 2005, 10:42:24 PM »
With all the WLs and apps still pending, I'm forming a strong appreciation for the schools that just go ahead and get it over with.

What was your quickest rejection?

Mine:
UCLA - no more than 3 weeks after I applied.  Looking back, I almost want to call and thank them.

SillyMia

Re: Fastest ding thread
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 02:09:17 PM »
Indiana Bloomington.  Yes, I wanted to send them a Thank You card myself this month.

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 02:27:02 PM »
I didn't get any outright dings. Good right?

No it is not, it leaves you wondering what if?

Now I have sent out two more apps (free ones) for the hell of it to see if I can extend my options or get rejected. At this point most spots are filled so hopefully I can get the rejection letter I have so prepared myself for.

Perhaps one of you could send me a fake rejection from UofM or Penn?

lex19

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 02:32:18 PM »
northeastern, took three weeks i was upset then, but more than grateful now, in fact i wonder why it was such a quick ding????? whatevs, didn't want to go back to boston anyways

SHRN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 04:25:11 PM »
northeastern, took three weeks i was upset then, but more than grateful now, in fact i wonder why it was such a quick ding????? whatevs, didn't want to go back to boston anyways

I think much of my super-fast UCLA ding was b/c I didn't really express much interest in their school.  Oops.  Oh well, I was <10% anyway.

Kwertee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 04:31:04 PM »
Davis dinged me on exactly the same day that Hastings accepted me.  Both were only 6 weeks after I turned in my applications.

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 06:11:04 PM »
George Mason gave me a very fast turnaround of only 3 months. Now I wouldn't think thats very fast but its the only ding I've gotten even though I'm a far reach at a couple of the schools I applied to.

wrmusgro

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 06:42:16 PM »
DePaul dinged me about a month after I sent them my application. I'm fairly sure they didn't even read all of my application. Ha ha, and they're still 3rd tier after this year!  ;D

wongsb

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 06:48:47 PM »
BC dated and sent me my GOOD-BYE letter the same exact day I received their "complete" notice. 

Mignon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 06:51:15 PM »
DePaul