Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Offer after a callback???????  (Read 1409 times)

igetmoney08

• View Profile
Offer after a callback???????
« on: September 13, 2007, 03:37:46 PM »
I had a callback at a V10 firm earlier this week. They told me during the interview that offers are generally made within 24-48 hrs after the callback. I thought the interviews went well but still no phone call! Does this sound like a rejection? Anyone ever gotten an offer over a week after a callback?

Also, I emailed thank you notes to the attorneys I met with but they never responded - even the associates I hit it off with. Any thoughts?

GA-fan

Re: Offer after a callback???????
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 05:27:37 PM »
That's a pretty evil thing to tell a recruit during a callback. I'd much rather think they're not meeting for a week or two, and then get a pleasant surprise or have a chance to cool off before getting a ding.

As far as your situation, I'd give it 5 days or so and then expect a ding. I probably wouldn't get my hopes up for this one though.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 06:17:58 PM »
First, I wouldn't expect any response whatsoever to thank yous.  Many of these attorneys barely skim it, let alone have the time or inclination to respond.

And if they told you to expect an offer 24-48 hours, and you haven't received one, if it were me, I probably wouldn't expect an offer at this point.  I'd give it a week after the interview, and if you don't hear anything, then maybe give a call or email the recruiting coordinator and just see what's going on.

eagles456

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 11:29:53 PM »
i don't think the no-reply on the emails is a big deal (i didn't get any responses from thank you emails at the firms i've had offers from) but the 24-48 hours deal probably isn't a good sign. good luck though!

vivi2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 12:26:35 AM »
I wouldn't worry about the no-replies...most attorneys at big law firms are simply too busy to respond. However, if the firm told you that they usually extend offers within 48 hours and they haven't done so for you, I wouldn't keep your hopes up too high. Keep them low and that way if for whatever reason the hiring committee doesn't meet until later in the week and then extends you an offer, it will be a pleasant surprise.