Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: law review  (Read 962 times)

Law Geek

• View Profile
law review
« on: September 10, 2007, 10:20:18 PM »
so i had to hand in my casenote today...and well everything possible went wrong. long story short, i was supposed to hand in 8 manilla folders w/the casenote stapled on the right and the footnotes on the left. well i ended up handing in 8 manilla folders and only one of them had footnotes!! to make matters worse i stapled the papers on the wrong side of the manilla envelope. the bluebook and the casenote is the only thing judged in the competition. am i doomed to be rejected?

HRoark81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: law review
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 10:54:20 PM »
The lack of footnotes will doom you.  And you should lose some points for not following directions.  Given one minor and one major blunder, do you deserve to be on law review?

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 11:03:55 PM »
Law review is overrated.  Everything happens for a reason.  Plus, you are probably almost done with OCI by now, and law review loses virtually all of its importance after OCI is over anyway.

Shrug it off.  You almost certainly wont make law review, but there are worse things that will happen in your life then that. 

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 07:08:41 AM »
To be blunt, you will not make LR.  Not following directions is bad enough, but failing to include a major portion of the "assignment" is what will bring the rejection.

And LR is overrated in many ways.

emtjp1028

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 11:32:35 AM »
Well, as everyone has said, I assume that the direction failure will doom you.  However, who knows.
Did you apply to any of their other journals?  Enviro law?  Womens?  International? 

To be honest, I almost forgot to hand all 8 folders when I turned mine in yesterday.  And even though I did, the note that I turned in felt rushed and incomplete.  Thus, I wouldn't worry.  I won't make law review either!  :) 

Ad oculos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 03:28:57 PM »
am i doomed to be rejected?

Yes, and with good reason.  If you can't follow the simple directions, you have no business cite checking.

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 03:30:29 PM »
so i had to hand in my casenote today...and well everything possible went wrong. long story short, i was supposed to hand in 8 manilla folders w/the casenote stapled on the right and the footnotes on the left. well i ended up handing in 8 manilla folders and only one of them had footnotes!! to make matters worse i stapled the papers on the wrong side of the manilla envelope. the bluebook and the casenote is the only thing judged in the competition. am i doomed to be rejected?

Wait the law review write-on submissions were due just a few days ago?  Isn't it a bit too late for the competition?  recruiting season is in full-swing and by the time you figure out whether or not you got on law review recruiting season might be over... (for biglaw firms at least)
testing testing 1 2 3

kernelgt

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 11:20:26 PM »
do you really want to cite check and do other boring crap for a year or two on law review.  Sounds fun to me!  Just b/c everyone thinks you're supposed to want it doesn't mean that it's so great.  Agree with above posts:  grades are all that matters. Having law review on top of that is great, but LR with no grades doesn't mean jack sh&T.