Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Erron on resume  (Read 1165 times)

Blunderbuss

• View Profile
    • Email
Erron on resume
« on: September 10, 2007, 01:20:31 PM »
I'v already attended 4 callbacks, with 15 more to go. Just found a small error in my resume: the paragraph is in past tense, but I put "solve" instead of "solved". Kill self?  ;D

Should I contact all firms and offer to send an updated resume, or would that just alert them to my error?

drbuff123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Erron on resume
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 01:56:45 PM »
I doubt anyone will notice, nice topic title

Mr. Roe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 03:30:26 PM »
Say goodbye to the rest of your life as an attorney, the chances of you getting a job are 0%.  Recruiters spend an average of two hours on each resume, checking every single comma and period, along with the tenses of every single bullet point.  You are screwed!

I would send an updated resume with the problem fixed, along with a detailed letter explaining how you made the mistake, and what you have learned from the experience, citing primary authority if necessary.  Be sure to include at least three references who are willing to back up your reasoning on how this erron was made.

Also, send an email to every partner in each of the firms informing them that you made an erron on your resume.  This won't increase your chances of getting the job, but it will show them that you care.

yykm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 05:09:34 PM »
If your error occurred in the bottom half of your resume, then the firms may not have cared anyways depending on your gpa.  An error on a cover letter may be overlooked as it isnt scrutinized like a resume. 

You may want to resort to going office to office with resume in hand to try and find employment.

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 08:04:42 PM »
I read this too quickly...I thought you were talking about having ENRON on your resume!
Vanderbilt 2010

Blunderbuss

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 01:10:36 AM »
it's in the bottom half of my resume, describing a non-legal job I had before LS.  Some employer probably take no more than a glance at that entire section. 

KrazyNazi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 01:13:07 AM »
you are doomed, only YLS students are allowed to have "erron" on resume and still get jobs.
Yale Law School - Class of 09