Law School Discussion

Multiple Choice Exams

juliemccoy

• Treat??
    • View Profile
Multiple Choice Exams
« on: September 06, 2007, 06:25:12 PM »
Hi, Some of my profs are giving multiple choice exams for the final, or a combination of multiple choice and essay. Any tips on study aids that include practice multiple choice exams and tips on how to succeed on these kinds of tests? Thanks!

LVP

Re: Multiple Choice Exams
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 05:19:58 AM »
I use the Finals series and the Crunch Time series.  The multiple choice questions in Crunch Time are a subset of the multiple choice questions in another Emanuel's product, so that's good too.

As far as tips go, I would try to make sure you understand very well what words like "if," "unless," "only if," etc. mean in that context.  Also, read the questions very carefully.  For time management (and maybe you already know this from the LSAT, but) mark all your answers on the test itself, then, once you've answered them all, go back and put them on the bubble sheet all at once.  Doesn't save a ton of time, but every bit helps, especially if it's an exam that also has an essay component.  And be glad you don't have the prof I had for Contracts.  Some of his multiple choice questions had answer choices going up to "J"!