Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Waiting Game - Callbacks and Rejections?  (Read 7591 times)

KrazyNazi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Waiting Game - Callbacks and Rejections?
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 01:14:31 AM »
people going to TTT schools (everyone posting on this thread, except me) is not going to get jobs.  TTT and jobs are mutually exclusive, in computers science they call this "MuTex". 
Yale Law School - Class of 09

P-Dinelaw

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 01:12:13 AM »
I was told that some interviewers HATE hearing interviewees asking generic questions such as "so why did YOU choose this firm?" or "what is the firm culture like?".

I asked every firm I had screening interviews with those exact generic questions and I got callbacks from 12 of the 14 I interviewed with.  I also asked the attorneys the same questions during my callbacks and I have received offers from all 3 callbacks I have gone on so far.

KrazyNazi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 01:56:51 PM »
I was told that some interviewers HATE hearing interviewees asking generic questions such as "so why did YOU choose this firm?" or "what is the firm culture like?".

I asked every firm I had screening interviews with those exact generic questions and I got callbacks from 12 of the 14 I interviewed with.  I also asked the attorneys the same questions during my callbacks and I have received offers from all 3 callbacks I have gone on so far.

So you have registered 3 screen names so far, not bad.  That's still 7 names short of the 10 that I suggested.  Keep working on it. 
Yale Law School - Class of 09

attgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2007, 12:00:16 AM »
If my only contact is a partner on the committe, is it appropriate to call him? It's been a week, and they were scheduled to have a meeting Friday. The firm is large for the region but is very selective...
Should I wait a little longer or call? When I spoke to them last week, I was told that they were very interested...
The wait has been really difficult!

Blunderbuss

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2007, 12:24:02 AM »
If my only contact is a partner on the committe, is it appropriate to call him? It's been a week, and they were scheduled to have a meeting Friday. The firm is large for the region but is very selective...
Should I wait a little longer or call? When I spoke to them last week, I was told that they were very interested...
The wait has been really difficult!

call the recruiting manager, look up his name on NALP.

attgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 12:35:08 AM »
Thanks..I have had no contact with the recruiting manager- the only person I have been communicating with has been the partner-you think I should still call the recruiting manager? she may not even know me by name...?
I really like this place and dont want to do anything which has potential to hurt my chances!

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2007, 12:40:59 AM »
I would just wait.  You can hold offers till December 1, so there is no rush and you lose nothing by waiting.  There is either a rejection in the mail or they missed the meeting, but there is not much you could do at this point.  Good luck though...

attgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2007, 12:43:39 AM »
You are right, there isnt much to do, except that its making me quite anxious!
thanks, tho
Am so tempted to pick up the phone and call the partner...(the firm is a little slow in responding, but they are really friendly!)

mae

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2007, 12:58:16 PM »
I would just wait.  The hiring committees don't always meet when they think they will, so it could (unfortunately) take longer than they led you to believe.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »
I would just wait.  The hiring committees don't always meet when they think they will, so it could (unfortunately) take longer than they led you to believe.

I interviewed at a place that had weekly meetings with the committee.  Anyway, the partner called today after it had been 15 days and said he was sorry about the wait, but that they just met, everyone loved me, and they wanted me to work for them.  So, I would just bear with it.  Give it two and a half weeks, then call :)  I hope it comes through for you though...