Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: "I'm sure you'll have a bright future in the law"  (Read 1958 times)

tenth8sphere

"I'm sure you'll have a bright future in the law"
« on: September 04, 2007, 11:59:03 AM »
BURN. Bad way to finish up an interview. Like a sniper shot to my career. Oh well.

danboltonage22

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: "I'm sure you'll have a bright future in the law"
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 03:02:17 PM »
I got "good luck with the rest of lawschool" then a callback, so it might be ok. 

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 10:25:36 PM »
I got a "you only got your summer job because of your father, we frown on nepotism at this firm"  and then a "say hello to your father" as I was walking out the door.  Keep in mind he didnt know my father.  I was offended till my friend said that he told her "I am not going to lose any sleep over you not getting a callback."  Needless to say, neither of us got callbacks and many of those that did will be turning them down.  I would have rather had a "good luck." 

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 01:13:23 AM »
I got a "you only got your summer job because of your father, we frown on nepotism at this firm"  and then a "say hello to your father" as I was walking out the door.  Keep in mind he didnt know my father.  I was offended till my friend said that he told her "I am not going to lose any sleep over you not getting a callback."  Needless to say, neither of us got callbacks and many of those that did will be turning them down.  I would have rather had a "good luck." 

what kind of piece of *&^% firm was this? 
testing testing 1 2 3

Alamo79

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 09:18:31 AM »

Why are you always up @3AM?

FWIW, if I have any interest in a firm after an interview, I usually ask "When should I hope to hear back from you?"  I just like to have an idea when the ding is coming...

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 10:04:49 AM »

It was a Vault 100 firm, and I agree, definitely a piece of *&^%...  The guy also watched tv during the entire interview... I dont think anyone will be accepting offers that they get from that guy... It wasnt even a Skadden where you could brush it off or anything.

GA-fan

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 03:39:29 PM »
Jesus- I would be tempted to write a letter to the recruiting director after that. My favorite jerk-lawyer experience yet was at a recruiting party last summer. The associate from Firm V100 was telling me and the other law student how dumb the spring-entry students at our school were, let alone how dumb the transfer students he'd known in school were, saying we should be thankful they were there to raise our GPAs. Of course, the other student had just transferred from a T4. It gets better- her nametag SAID she was a transfer.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 06:20:24 PM »
hahah, thats ridiculous.  My friend who had an equally terrible experience with the guy spoke to our CDO and they spoke with the firm I believe.  Maybe they will send someone better next year.