Law School Discussion

Contracts

Re: Contracts
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 01:14:58 AM »
tag.  what's the best commercial outline for Ks?  my prof has never taught this class before at my school so i can't ask any older people

LVP

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 03:14:13 AM »
tag.  what's the best commercial outline for Ks?  my prof has never taught this class before at my school so i can't ask any older people
The best outline for Ks is the one you make.

The best commercial outline?  I couldn't possibly know.

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 02:24:48 PM »
Does anyone have any advice for Contracts? I think that of all of my classes, this will be the one to give me the most problems. I have a copy of the hornbook keyed to my text, as well as the E&E. I guess my biggest concern is knowing what will be relevant... Are requirements K's really going to come up on an exam, or is it more the principle of good faith? Hope this makes sense! Thanks!

I can honestly say that Contracts made no friggin sense until I studied it for the bar exam.  It was one of those classes that never really quite "came together" at the end like people said it would.  At the end I was still like "OK so what is a contract?"

The E&E is great for Contracts.  It is probably the reason why I didn't fail the class during 1L.  But what really brought it all together were the multiple choice questions in the PMBR book for bar review.  If you have a chance, I would HIGHLY recommend getting your hands on the big red PMBR book, and the blue book that is about 1/2 the size of the red book.  You get both if you sign up for PMBR and put down your deposit. If you know somebody who just took the bar, they'll probably give it to you for free just to get it out of their sight. 

There are 200 multiple choice questions on each subject (property, torts, contracts, etc.) and the questions are crafted in a way that test the nuances of each subject, so that by the end, you will actually understand contracts (or whatever subject you're trying to learn for that matter).  I wouldn't use it to learn the material (should learn from your professor & the E&E) but rather as a clarifier for when you have actually covered the material at least once.

Like I said, I didn't quite understand Contracts 100% after I took my Contracts exam, but after going through the bar prep multiple choice books, it has become very clear.