Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Had Callback...Where's the Offer?  (Read 5447 times)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Had Callback...Where's the Offer?
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 10:07:10 AM »
Hey Guys - So I just heard from the first of the three firms - all are NY BigLaw btw, I dont know if I mentioned that - and I got an offer! The hiring partner called at around 5pm - and this is exactly 2 weeks since the date of my call back. Hopefully this bodes well for the other two...I thought getting in the process early would help results come more quickly but apparently things don't start to speed up til later in September. Thanks to those who posted what they know, it helps...

congrats! and all you need is one offer... I cant wait for mine to come :(  one ny firm gave out offers without even doing callbacks this year. Or at least to one of my friends, it was kinda strange.

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 05:10:57 PM »
ok i waited 2.5 weeks for an offer from a biglaw NY firm and they called me today just to tell me that they needed an additional 2 weeks...

what's up with that...
testing testing 1 2 3

TheDude7

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 12:07:08 PM »
What kind of NY firms are everyone referring to?  I would like to know how long to expect to wait before hearing back.  Are you talking Biglaw V100?  V50?  Satellite offices?

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 02:54:22 PM »
A V10 firm is making me wait a month... it could be because i scheduled my callbacks extremely early (before labor day)
testing testing 1 2 3

YeShallBeGods

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 11:06:51 AM »
My V5 firm made me an offer on the spot at the end of the callback.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 11:08:09 AM »
My V5 firm made me an offer on the spot at the end of the callback.

Skadden?  I have heard of them doing that, it seems kinda odd though...

Anonymous2L

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 11:00:25 PM »
Hey - so since my initial post, 2 of the 3 firms (Vault Top 100) extended offers; one (Vault Top 50) has made me wait over a month now. This past week I did 4 callbacks (all Vault Top 100, one Top 10) and already heard from 2 of the firms, I expect to hear from the others on Monday. I am very curious if others are having issues with the firm that is making me wait - the head of recruiting there actually told me last week that the hiring committee still hadn't met yet. In over three weeks. That's special, in my opinion. Anyway, I think its just that interviews pre-Labor day suffered from people going on vacation and hiring committees not meeting. Now it all seems to be happening so quickly! Very exciting. Best of luck to everyone re: making decisions....the next bout of heinousness after stressing about getting offers :)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 11:31:09 PM »
hey, congrats :) I hope that the pre-labor day thing is what is causing this mess, because I am still yet to hear from some places :( I got an offer from a decent firm though, so either way, Ill be working :)

csloan999

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007, 12:26:56 AM »
I've done 5 callbacks...8/31, 9/5, 9/10, 9/11, and 9/13.  All V30 or better and 4 of the 5 have relatively small class sizes (~10-20).  No responses from any of them.  The firm on 8/31 told me they'd get back to me in 2 weeks (9/14).  The firms on 9/5 and 9/10 never gave me an expected date.  9/11 told me 3 days.  9/13 told me 5 or 6 days.  Anyway, not sure what this all means, but should give you some idea of how long you might have to wait...good OR bad.

Also, whats the deal with rejections? i.e. how long and what method have people received them?  I'm starting to stress. Id at least like to know one way or the other by now.  Oh well, still have 7 more sweet firms coming up...just need 1 stupid firm to bite!

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 09:04:55 AM »
I got one rejection via regular mail about 1.5-2 weeks after the interview.  It was a V100 too, I believe.