Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just me?  (Read 2405 times)

Advocate

• View Profile
Re: Just me?
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 01:59:18 PM »
But it's very unlikely that you will do a good job and "really nail it" if you don't know how to spell judgment.

The name "Summary Judgment" was already taken so I used the alternate spelling in order to make a name. Nice of you to notice though. I bet you're a real prick.

Villanova1L

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 06:06:19 PM »
First week?  ::)

Come back in three weeks and tell us what you think of law school.

First post, come back in a few and let me know your school and how you managed your first year.  ::)

Villanova1L

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 06:07:30 PM »

I am pretty sure the professors are going to pick up the pace as we get further along into the semester and the complexity of the classes will get more in depth.

That being said, I am glad that you are on the fast track to the Supreme Court-GUNNER!

Asking if people feel the work hasn't been terribly difficult makes me a gunner? People on this site certainly are odd in the conclusions they reach.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 07:59:53 PM »
I agree, I think they just havent been around long enough to realize what a gunner is. I mean, I am one at moments, but only when I am extremely bored, and I just dont care.  (something about law school made me resort to runon sentances, kinda weird).  Anyway, I dont know. There is nothing challenging in law school except balancing your time. 

HRoark81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 09:47:28 PM »
Are you being a rankings snob about Villanova?

McLovin

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 11:52:08 PM »

Michigan football is pathetic.

HRoark81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 12:16:02 AM »
Yeah, they sucked big time today (or so I heard, I couldn't watch on account of the Big Ten Network fracas).  My team (Texas) didn't do too well today, either.

Villanova1L

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 03:03:28 PM »

No, I just didn't understand a person's first post calling me a gunner when they list nothing about themselves. I guess some things don't translate well over the internet.

mf22076

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 08:06:20 PM »
sorry nova, I was just being a jerk.

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2007, 12:28:18 PM »
I'm obviously at Villanova and while I have only been here a week, I'm failing to see why people are so overwhelmed already. The readings have been manageable, teachers haven't scared me shitless yet, and overall I feel like I'm understanding the material. Did I come in expecting the worse, and this is how it really is? I know it gets harder as the semester goes, but am I the only one who is thinking, or who thought, this really isn't that bad?

I thought something was wrong with me until i asked my section mates. But the other section, is much harder than ours. Their Professor is crazy, literelly.

But the work has been manageable for me as well. My Contracts professor just lets us know, for each class, read 15 pages ahead and brief those cases. The cases in contracts are pretty easy to understand, so i have no problems briefing the cases and its interesting also. I know its supposed to get harder and maybe thats why my section is easier on us then the others, to get us ready for the storm and to let us know to use our time wisely to get prepared so when the big work comes, its not a problem