Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just me?  (Read 2427 times)

Villanova1L

• View Profile
Just me?
« on: August 30, 2007, 11:10:16 PM »
I'm obviously at Villanova and while I have only been here a week, I'm failing to see why people are so overwhelmed already. The readings have been manageable, teachers haven't scared me shitless yet, and overall I feel like I'm understanding the material. Did I come in expecting the worse, and this is how it really is? I know it gets harder as the semester goes, but am I the only one who is thinking, or who thought, this really isn't that bad?

resipsaloquitur

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Just me?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 10:41:02 AM »
First week?  ::)

Come back in three weeks and tell us what you think of law school.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 11:08:10 AM »
First week?  ::)

Come back in three weeks and tell us what you think of law school.

me?  no, second year... I will probably feel the same way during second year.  Nothing about the law is difficult.

Advocate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 06:53:42 PM »
I've finished two full weeks, and so far so good.  But, the thing is that since everyone is graded on a curve, it isn't good enough just to learn everything, you need to somehow learn enough to outperform your classmates on the exam.  I think that's why law school is stressful.  In college, you knew if you did a good job and really nailed it, you'd get an A.  In law school, you could feel the same way and get a C, depending on your classmates.

illegally brown

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 09:48:39 PM »
But it's very unlikely that you will do a good job and "really nail it" if you don't know how to spell judgment.

clee750

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 01:16:24 AM »
Actually "Judgement" is still an acceptable spelling of the word. However "Judgment" is the preferred spelling for legal purposes.

Just thought I would let you know while you are being a tool and correcting someones spelling.

Good thing spelling has nothing to do with law school performance.

Thanks Bouche Dag!!!!

mf22076

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 10:00:29 AM »

I am pretty sure the professors are going to pick up the pace as we get further along into the semester and the complexity of the classes will get more in depth.

That being said, I am glad that you are on the fast track to the Supreme Court-GUNNER!

Ad oculos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 10:01:13 AM »
Actually "Judgement" is still an acceptable spelling of the word.

Yeah, if you live in Australia.  Here in the US, it's "judgment."

HRoark81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 10:50:11 AM »
"Judgement" is not acceptable here.  Spelling judgment that way is like mispronouncing demurrer - it flags you as a rank amateur.

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 12:12:05 PM »
I actually kind of feel the same way ... that's it's manageable SO FAR, but that all this information in these 4 classes is going to cumulate to insanity (I guess that's what the outlines are for!)

Also, we've barely done anything in Lawyering (research and writing), but we're about to start our first memo, so ... that's going to increase in intensity rapidly!

I think this is just the calm before the storm. :-P