Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Scheduling Callback  (Read 3008 times)

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Scheduling Callback
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 04:51:53 AM »
Believe it or not, law school career officers are not as dependable as you might think. 

Scheduling your callback interviews earlier rather than later is a much better idea.  At the beginning of September and August, law firms have a lot of available spots to give out.  By October they've already given out a lot of offers and will be less willing to give out more.  At this point it may be extremely difficult to schedule anything in September for certain firms.  White & Case ran out of available callback slots for the entire month of September and the earliest you can get is October. 

Whatever the case, you won't be severely handicapped by doing it later in the month.  If you already scheduled it then you should just stick to it.  I have no idea how this thread got so nasty but uhhh... good luck to everyone on their callbacks?  ???
testing testing 1 2 3

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 10:44:31 AM »
I realize that Career offices are generally not always the most dependable, however, I just didn't see why he got so nasty above.  The end of the month is still fine from my research as many schools, including my own, still has OCI going on.  I still have screening interviews coming up and I made the callback for when I did because it requires travel and that was the time that worked out best. 

wardwilliams

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 11:50:10 AM »
Our first round of screening interviews doesn't start until Wednesday. I guess I am screwed. I guess I'll be having any callbacks around Thanksgiving.

mtfbwy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 12:13:11 PM »
In your very first post, you sought opinions about scheduling call-backs; a few hours later, you stated that you had scheduled a call-back.  It seemed like you were looking for support of a decision you had already made.  In any event, this reader's impression was that you were spending considerable time thinking about call-back scheduling, between consultations with your CDO and this board.

The opinion that I offered was to schedule your call-backs for the earliest possible dates, which means prioritizing them over everything else in your life, including school, personal commitments and your current job. In other words, to start treating this like the most important thing in your life (not forever, just for the few days it will take to complete the call-backs), or, more bluntly, to quit jerking around.  

Your response: "I posted for opinions, not "quit jerking around."  Not all of us are unemployed 24 year olds."  

Obviously, where you come from "quit jerking around" is "nasty," yet "Not all of us are unemployed 24 year olds" is considered charming.  

The fact that you "lol-ed" (in light of your already having a "career") at thorc954 for his or her view that OCI is the reason we are in law school seemed "nasty," to say the least.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 07:08:52 PM »
I'm done bickering with you.  Good luck with your interviews.

mtfbwy

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 07:35:42 AM »
Good luck to you as well.