Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: West Coast School of Law  (Read 8164 times)

georgia

• View Profile
West Coast School of Law
« on: August 29, 2007, 12:06:43 PM »
Is anyone currently attending this school?  What's your opinion of the quality of education?  Have you heard how SB 1568 will affect the school?  Any other relevant information would be appreciated. Thanks.

RLD007

• View Profile
Re: West Coast School of Law
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 09:50:47 PM »
You might find this discussion of interest:

http://counsel.net/chatboards/lawstudents/topic1621/2.28.07.10.26.45.html

From what I have read it appears WCSL is affected by SB 1568 primarily in that the "non-bar" JD program will have to be renamed.  I think the instructional method is much like Taft (indeed, the Dean of WCSL is a graduate of Taft.)

Will

georgia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 02:23:33 PM »
Will,

Thanks for the information and site referral. I like the school's bare bones approach and cost. I'm somewhat concerned that an e-mail and telephone call have gone unanswered. I guess that also counts as "information."  Taft has accepted me, but the cost, I think, is beyond my range.

georgia

RLD007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 03:35:58 PM »
Will,

Thanks for the information and site referral. I like the school's bare bones approach and cost. I'm somewhat concerned that an e-mail and telephone call have gone unanswered. I guess that also counts as "information."  Taft has accepted me, but the cost, I think, is beyond my range.

georgia

I actually like the idea of what WCSL is doing and am very sympathetic to their enterprise.  Sorry about the non-response to your email and phone call.

Have you considered Northwestern California (NWCU) which falls in cost between WCSL and Taft?  Their website is at

http://www.nwculaw.edu/cgi-bin/nwcu/index.html

I guess if you have already been accepted to Taft you probably know about NWCU, but just in case...

Will

georgia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 01:01:32 PM »
Will,

I looked at the websites of all but one of the correspondence schools that are registered with the Committee of Bar Examiners. (I didn't look into West Haven University because it required an authorization code to enter the website.)  If the school was in my price range, I telephoned to ask about method of instruction and testing procedures if this information wasn't on the website.

The cost of Northwestern is in my ballpark, but I don't like their method of instruction and testing procedures.  They use Blackboard and proctored final exams.  I've taken classes that use Blackboard, where there's a question of the week to be discussed.  I found it to be a waste of time.  Since I don't want or need either a proctored exam or Blackboard, I crossed Northwestern off my list. I'm currently looking into in University of Honolulu School of Law, which is in Modesto, CA, and Southern University for Professional Studies School of Law.

georgia

twallstbroker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 12:24:45 AM »
Interested students:

WCSL is an excellent distance learning law school.  I studied with their program for 4 years and have finally completed my JD.  I passed the FYLSE & the MPRE on my 1st attempts.  I am now studying for the CA BAR & believe that I will pass on my 1st attempt as well.  Anyone seeking a cost-efficient, value oriented program should consider WCSL.  I highly recommend WCSL!

Twallstbroker