Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: So I had ten OCI interviews...  (Read 4165 times)

YeShallBeGods

• View Profile
So I had ten OCI interviews...
« on: August 26, 2007, 05:46:35 PM »
Over the course of Wed, Thur, & Fri I had ten OCI interviews... I received one callback phone call late Friday, but nothing from the other nine. Is this normal??? Or did I manage to bat a measely 10% thus far in OCI? Or, is it simply too soon to have expected to hear back from most firms?

To give a little more background (and don't bother reading if you're one to bash people for giving specifics), I'm on LR and in the top 10% at a T10; the firms are exclusively in the V25.

eli250

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: So I had ten OCI interviews...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 07:53:32 PM »
I have similar stats at a school ranked in the mid 30s and had 30 interviews with 4 callbacks.

However, I do have a heavy public interest background that may not appeal to the firms.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 08:41:23 PM »
depends on where the firms are.  I had OCI tues-fri.  I had 15 interviews.  I only heard from 2 of the firms, and my buddies only heard from two of the others.  DC firms for example take around a week usually to call back.  NY and Boston based firms in DC have been moving faster (1-2 days).  This is just what I am seeing from talking to people so far.  Anyway, I hope you get some great callbacks.  If you dont though, good luck in the interview.  All you need is one callback and one job.  :) God bless

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 11:40:45 PM »
If you don't hear back within a week it's likely a rejection :(  sorry.

most of my callbacks came within 24 hours and a few came 2-3 days after the screening. 

good luck to you though i'm sure more will come through
testing testing 1 2 3

Suzieq830

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 08:26:13 AM »
I got most of my callbacks right away, but a few firms told met hey were gonna take at least a week or 2. these were the smaller firms (mid sized firms)

Blunderbuss

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 10:23:29 AM »
I received most of my callback either the same night or within the next day.  I think I had one firm where I interviewed on Monday and they didn't call me until Friday, but that's one out of 20 or so callbacks.  Everyone else from whom I did not hear back from within 3 days ended up rejecting me. 

ps: just received callbacks from Davis Polk and Cravath more than a week after I interviewed with them. (Maybe I was on their waitlist?) So take what I just said above with a grain of salt. 

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 04:57:02 PM »
OH and a lot of it depends on which market you're looking at.  New York firms typically get back to you immediately while other regions take a lot longer.  A north carolina and virginia firm took about 2-3 weeks to invite me for a callback...
testing testing 1 2 3

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 05:22:18 PM »
My buddy heard from Davis Polk within very quickly, so you must have been on some wait list sort of thing. congrats anyway though.

GA-fan

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 06:57:21 PM »
OH and a lot of it depends on which market you're looking at.  New York firms typically get back to you immediately while other regions take a lot longer.  A north carolina and virginia firm took about 2-3 weeks to invite me for a callback...
H&W, eh? Which office? I applied for Charlotte and Richmond.

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 04:06:33 AM »
I'm assuming that H&W is referring to Hunton and Williams.  Their VA office absolutely loves rejecting me presumably b/c i'm not a VA resident yet their NY office gives me a callback. 

I got a callback with LeClair Ryan but i'm fairly certain they're not gonna extend me an offer because they'll automatically assume that I won't stay in VA.  I ended up declining the invitation although the interviewer I met with was an awesome person. 

Wow it's 4AM and i totally do not feel bad about it... being a 2L is awesome...
testing testing 1 2 3