Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just discovered a typo on submitted OCI resume - kill self?  (Read 896 times)

VitaminE

• View Profile
Just discovered a typo on submitted OCI resume - kill self?
« on: August 26, 2007, 02:31:18 PM »
OUCH!!!! Even though my school made us submit our resumes in advance (so they could approve them, and make sure there were no typos - they actually said that), I just looked on Symplicity today at the resume that I submitted on Friday (to several prospective employers) for the first round of bids... and I made a nice typo on my most recent employer's name... ouch.

I should have looked at it one last time before I submitted it... but alas, I was not that smart.

So far I have been "pre-selected" for one interview. Do I bring a fresh copy of my resume to that interview and hope they disregard the old one, or am I already SOL?

I am such an idiot.

mtfbwy

• View Profile
Re: Just discovered a typo on submitted OCI resume - kill self?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 02:45:45 PM »
Print your resume on nice paper and bring it to the interview ("Mr./Ms. So and So, here's an updated copy of my resume"). Unless your typo was in or near your GPA or class rank listing (or perhaps in the description of your 1L summer job), I highly doubt they will notice at this point. How much time do you think busy recruiting coordinators (and sometimes lawyers) can afford to spend reading OCI resumes?  They won't even read the resumes of students that fall below the grade cut-off for a given school and, even past that point, they won't be looking at it very carefully.

Then again, you are applying for a $160k/year job where one of your main duties will be proof-reading, and the single most important document (to you) that you have ever produced was that resume.