Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Executive Juris Doctor degree  (Read 3967 times)

georgia

• View Profile
Executive Juris Doctor degree
« on: August 26, 2007, 01:36:56 PM »
Is anyone in the executive juris doctor program who can offer information/advice? I know it doesn't prepare for the bar, but my goal is to have a solid legal knowledge.  I've done distance education before, so I know what's involved.  I've been thinking of Taft because Concord is too expensive and I thought the online application for NWCUL was too intrusive. I'd appreciate hearing what you have to say about the value of the program at various schools.  Thanks.

jd2008

• View Profile
Re: Executive Juris Doctor degree
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 03:30:30 PM »
if you are doing an "executive jd" for employment reasons, you want one to be respected. Since california dosn't have the internal approving agency anymore,  you want it to be accredited. Only a few are DETC accredited. Make sure they are accredited by an agency listed by the US dept of education as an approved accrediting agency. The rest are fake, and in many cases illegal to use in most locations. DETC is nationally accredited and approved by the US dept of education, just dont use it in Texas, for some reason I am told it is illegal to use a DETC degree there even though it is CHEA approved.