Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OCI screening interviews  (Read 7178 times)

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OCI screening interviews
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007, 11:18:18 AM »
We were told to NOT bother with thank you's for screening interviews and it makes sense.  They have tons of them, they make the decision quickly, and it is pointless if you ask me.  I didn't send thank yous after my OCI's and it worked out just fine.

For callbacks I plan to send type written thank you notes the next day if possible, however, if they say they are making their hiring decision early, then I will e-mail them as it is pointless to mail a thank you that will never get there before a decision.

Really, in the end, it is a matter of courtesy.  A thank you note (or lack thereof) likely isn't going to make or break your chances of an offer in all reality.

SillyMia

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 09:24:16 AM »
My first year, I mailed them and felt like I didn't leave a connection for a response.  This year, I e-mailed my thank yous.  I also wondered if it was worth it, and maybe it's not.  But, like my husband says, it could only help you.  I mean, really, a few minutes of your time for the 20-30 minutes they spent with you.  If they ignore it, so what.  If they expect it, then you're in trouble if you didn't send it.  It also gives you an opportunity to spark their memory.  Good luck!

Oh, I got 1 call back before my thank you went through (what's up with the mailed call-back letters?).  no offers, though.

lawzombie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 10:01:02 AM »
I got a call back via snail mail on Saturday for a firm I pre-interviewed with on the 7th. 

I also got a call back 36 hours after my interview (so before dude could get my hand-written thank you).