Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OCI screening interviews  (Read 7164 times)

thekid

• View Profile
OCI screening interviews
« on: August 25, 2007, 05:26:19 AM »
Do firms notify you that you have been rejected after a screening interview? Is this by mail or e-mail?  Or do they only contact those they want to call back?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: OCI screening interviews
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 09:05:48 AM »
I got rejection letters in the mail from firms I didn't get a call back with, and I got phone calls for callbacks.

rutherford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 10:29:17 AM »
What was the average time lapse for the phone callbacks?  I've heard anything from one day to one week.

middlelanguage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 11:12:27 AM »
Most firms do not notify you of a rejection. You will most likely hear only if you receive a callback.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 11:46:02 AM »
What was the average time lapse for the phone callbacks?  I've heard anything from one day to one week.

Mine ranged from the evening after the screening interview to up to one week.

rutherford

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 12:41:34 PM »
The majority of my interviews were the end of this week, so hopefully I'm still in the running.  I know my Tuesday interview = megading, but the rest went really well.

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 12:50:12 AM »

I got notification of my callback about 48 hours after the screening interview. I hear this is about the norm for big firms.

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 04:11:46 AM »
Do firms notify you that you have been rejected after a screening interview? Is this by mail or e-mail?  Or do they only contact those they want to call back?

biglaw firms in large markets typically invite you for a callback within 24-48 hours.  i've received a few callbacks 4-5 business days after the screening so i wouldn't freak out if you don't hear immediately.  If you're rejected you can expect a letter in the mail in about a week or so.  i've heard that some firms do e-mail rejections but I have yet to see one in my inbox... let us hope it stays that way. 

oh and you generally get an offer within a week (all of mine came within 4 business days).  again, rejections after a callback interview come in the snail mail. 
testing testing 1 2 3

Suzieq830

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 02:38:41 PM »
I've already had 2 experiences of starting to get bummed from not hearing from a firm when they contactd me 4-5 days after the initial interview.  i think sometimes it can be slow during OCI time b/c they may go to a variety of schools within the same week in the same area as your school

lawmama09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 02:43:25 PM »
I wonder if I am the only one who got notification of a callback via snail mail? I was really surprised because when I saw than thin little letter in the mail, I expected a rejection. FWIW, it came 1 week after my screening interview and after they had done OCIs at other local schools.