Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Roger Williams is a scam  (Read 3016 times)

Duped1

• View Profile
Roger Williams is a scam
« on: August 24, 2007, 05:40:04 AM »
Jew scammers at Roger Williams law school admit to lying about employment rates and even salary statistics but they won't do anything about it.  They also admit the school hates blacks and poor people.

DISCUSS

Ad oculos

• View Profile
Re: Roger Williams is a scam
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 10:46:36 PM »
Virtually any school outside of tier 1 is a bad investment.  Why single out Roger Williams?

HRoark81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 11:47:36 PM »
Agreed.  And only the top 10 is [anything approaching] a sure thing jobwise.

Ad oculos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 11:48:54 PM »
If by top 10 you mean t14, then yes, I agree.  Outside of that, it's an uphill battle to get a job anywhere.  This is particularly true once you're out of the top 40 or 50 schools.

jsh26

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 03:16:41 PM »
Jew scammers at Roger Williams law school admit to lying about employment rates and even salary statistics but they won't do anything about it.  They also admit the school hates blacks and poor people.

DISCUSS

How can there be any discussion with this idiot? Take your bull elsewhere, asshat.

tenth8sphere

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 05:33:19 PM »
If by top 10 you mean t14, then yes, I agree.  Outside of that, it's an uphill battle to get a job anywhere.  This is particularly true once you're out of the top 40 or 50 schools.

I'm not sure this is true at all. Certainly for biglaw, you're probably right on. Outside the top schools it just gets harder and harder. But I think it's pretty pessimistic to say outside the top 40 or 50 schools its hard to get a job ANYWHERE. Graduates from even tier 4 schools hardly face an impossible odds to find jobs in mid or small firms, or even private practice. I'd be surprised if any ABA approved school had an employment rate of under 50 percent, even in the fourth tier. From what I know, they're all well above that.

TheNewGuy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 05:49:37 PM »

DISCUSS

I might be at fault just for asking, but what on earth are you basing this on?

Ad oculos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 01:32:52 AM »
But I think it's pretty pessimistic to say outside the top 40 or 50 schools its hard to get a job ANYWHERE. Graduates from even tier 4 schools hardly face an impossible odds to find jobs in mid or small firms, or even private practice. I'd be surprised if any ABA approved school had an employment rate of under 50 percent, even in the fourth tier. From what I know, they're all well above that.

What I intended to imply is that it's difficult to get a job that will (1) pay back the student loans and (2) provide a comfortable upple-middle class lifestyle.  It's not like tier 4 schools cost substantially less than tier 1 schools; students run up loans at both places.  When you get down to the bottom of the barrel, though, the jobs that pay enough to cover the above simply aren't there in such a way as to make up for the opportunity cost of law school.

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 12:21:52 PM »

DISCUSS

Sounds to me like this might be the only guy ever to get rejected from Roger Williams and genuinely be angry about it.

MiamiLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 01:57:33 PM »
Virtually any school outside of tier 1 is a bad investment.  Why single out Roger Williams?

hmm, that is strange, being that my school has a higher salary than several lower ranked tier 1's, and I go to a tier 2! And even more so, the Tier 1 school in my state has a significantly lower starting salary than my school does! Any facts to back up that blanket claim of yours?