Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How much is too much  (Read 1217 times)

werls21

• View Profile
    • Email
How much is too much
« on: August 22, 2007, 01:56:06 PM »
My school has two rounds of bidding for OCI and I just got the final results... 28 interviews in a week- which includes a day of 8 and a day of 7.  I am wondering if this is too much to handle in a weeks time??  My numbers are as follows- t14 school transfer student top 25% at my old school.  So by no means am I a lock for any kind of callback.  I find out this week about journals which could help.  One side of the argument is that if I keep all of the interviews I will probably be exhausted and maybe not at my best for all of the interviews.  On the otherhand if I cancel interviews and then draw the goose egg on callbacks I will be mad at myself for not going all out.  What are everyones thoughts please I need help???

p0six

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How much is too much
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 03:51:34 PM »
Cancel them as you go along, if you can.  Make a list of the firms you def. want to talk to, and the ones you care less about, and then once you start getting traction cancel the #2 firms.

GA-fan

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 05:59:54 PM »
Keep them all. I suspect you're at GULC, and I wouldn't expect that you'll be able to write your own ticket with every firm you interview with based on your stats. Don't burn the bridges before you have to, in case it doesn't work as well as you'd like. You never know how good of an interviewer you are until it's too late to do anything about it.

amoebalaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 10:55:28 PM »
Don't cancel yet. Go heavy at first and see if you start getting callbacks. If you get a bunch (and lots of firms really do call that night or the day after), then you can consider canceling later interviews.

As for being exhausted, hopefully you get a nice adrenaline rush each time you step in the room. Besides, it's a good warm-up for callbacks where you might meet 5 attorneys in a row for several hours...