Law School Discussion

LRW Assignment

LRW Assignment
« on: August 21, 2007, 03:49:25 PM »
I don't start classes until next monday, but my LRW prof sent the syllabus via email, and we have a 3-5 page paper due the first day.  How important do you think this assignment with regard to the final grade in the class.  It basically involves reading a made up case about academic integrity and writing a letter to the dean about the case. 

Re: LRW Assignment
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 04:04:20 PM »
If its anything like mine, it counts and you dont want to start in the negative!

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 04:59:54 PM »
I'm guessing that your LRW instructor is trying to guage your writing skills.  I would take it seriously, proofread it, etc.  That way, your legal writing instructor will be able to give you the most accurate feedback for your abilities.

Boss

• You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 03:17:15 PM »
If it's like mine, it won't count.  Just turn in a "good faith effort" or expect to do a rewrite. 

Our prof's policy is that it doesn't make sense to grad the things you turn in while you're still learning.  Only our last 3 assignments count towards our grade.  While it makes it less stressful during the first two months of the semester, it means that we also miss out on possibly getting some easier points to take the stress off at the end.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 05:10:43 PM »
We have several ungraded assignments in legal writing.  If we do not turn those in, or turn them in late, our final grades will be lowered.

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 03:45:52 AM »
In my opinion, when receiving a legal education, it is imperative to replenish your own shelf with research and writing assignments. I focused on political science together with https://anyassignment.com/political-science/through legislative dogma. It should be noted that this greatly affects the reputation and recognition, there is even reason not to let into the legal sphere without a minimum of 20 written studies.