Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What is the average...  (Read 1485 times)

ok123

• View Profile
What is the average...
« on: August 17, 2007, 04:02:42 PM »
What is the average number of applicants from each school that firms usually interview for OCIs? 10 people?20? 30? 40??? Thanks.

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What is the average...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 05:48:16 AM »
at job fairs a lot of biglaw firms interview anywhere from 15-25 people.  at my school's OCI i think it can be around 15-20 as well. 

as you can imagine your interviewers have a long long longgggg day at your school...
testing testing 1 2 3

GA-fan

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 07:34:44 AM »
At my school 20-25 is typical per interview team, though some big firms have multiple teams interviewing in different rooms. One firm had 3 rooms (60 people), while another firm (IP) came on campus to interview 3 people... Unless you're at a top school, assume that you need to be in the interviewer's top 3-5 students to get a callback. The only time this might change is if your school is the main feeder for a firm (ie, Greenberg Traurig, Holland & Knight, Carlton Fields all recruit the majority of their summer classes at UF).

I often ask this question casually as I'm leaving an interview, generally phrased as "so where do we go from here?" or "what do you expect your hiring process to look like at this point?" and I've often gotten them to say how many slots the firm is planning to call back as well as the time frame to hear from them.

Ad oculos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 07:47:22 PM »
It depends.  If the firm only sends one team of recruiters and they stay for one day, they will do 20 or so interviews.  Multiply that by the number of days and the number of teams.  Some firms interview upwards of 100.  Most big firms at my school do 40 to 60.