Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transcripts  (Read 982 times)

Floyd77803

• View Profile
Transcripts
« on: August 17, 2007, 11:38:33 AM »
When you're sending out mass mailings and you include your transcript, does it need to be an official transcript from your school? or will a copy or unofficial transcript suffice? 

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Transcripts
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 11:52:27 AM »
I got an unofficial transcript and made copies.  If you want, you can add a note that you can arrange for an official transcript to be sent if they would like one.

Suzieq830

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 12:50:11 PM »
my school has this ghetto "grade sheet" thats just a chart you fill in.  I think they do it b/c the official transcripts cant upload on line. a few firms I had interviews wanted a transcript ahead of time via e-mail and said it was no problem if I e-mailed them the unofficial grade chart I had.  HOwever, I did bring an official copy to each interview and made sure that the firms I had e-mailed the chart to got an official copy of my transcript just b/c it looks so much nicer. 

that said, most of them were like "oh we didnt even need an official one, a photocopy/unofficial is more then enouth" and they were all really nice about it.

GA-fan

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 01:13:36 PM »
I ordered an official copy and then made copies. I gave each firm a copy and offered them the original. No one asked for the original.

Ad oculos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 07:48:34 PM »
It's best to send an official transcript.  If you can't do that, then send a copy of it.  That's fine for most firms.