Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Summer Need Help  (Read 1135 times)

dspin815

• View Profile
Summer Need Help
« on: August 15, 2007, 02:16:12 PM »
I really want to spend next summer abroad, it will be my 1L summer.  The only thing is that I have moot court from May till the end of June.  Also my brother is getting married on July 4th, so I was hoping to find a program that started following that.  Any suggestions of a program to look into. Also is there any program that anyone has loved. I'm looking into Italy or Australia because I've really wanted to go to both of these countries.

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Need Help
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 06:46:35 AM »
Que?!?!  ???

I wanna be a gunner when I grow up.

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Need Help
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 09:43:15 AM »
I really want to spend next summer abroad, it will be my 1L summer.  The only thing is that I have moot court from May till the end of June.  Also my brother is getting married on July 4th, so I was hoping to find a program that started following that.  Any suggestions of a program to look into. Also is there any program that anyone has loved. I'm looking into Italy or Australia because I've really wanted to go to both of these countries.

studying abroad during your 1L summer may seriously hurt your 2L job search.  Every interview I had spent a solid 5-10 minutes just talking about my summer internship and if they see that you studied abroad instead of doing any legal research/writing, they may be very weary of hiring you.  You may want to speak to your career planning people and upperclassmen but I think studying abroad might hurt you.
testing testing 1 2 3