Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is it possible to publish a comment in another school's secondary journal?  (Read 578 times)

intramuralbaskebtallstar

• View Profile
    • Email
I did not make the law review, and am wondering whether it is possible to have work published in another school's secondary journal, or my own school's secondary journal for that matter.  Does this happen?   I did not try out for a secondary journal, but have gained a considerable amount of legal research experience through being a research assistant for a law professor.   

yvyty

• View Profile
I'd imagine that it's possible, because journal candidates are supposed to try and publish their articles in other school journals if they don't make their own. However, it may be an uphill struggle because you'd lack the whip (aka editors) to make you complete the article within certain deadlines. Writing an article while school is in session isn't easy, even with research assistant experience. Not to mention your experience may not be all that relevant to the researching/writing of an article. Good luck.

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
Sure, they put out calls for submissions all the time.  Secondary journals, especially on very specific topics, sometimes are really scrounging for papers, and will consider a lot of student comments.

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Sure, they put out calls for submissions all the time.  Secondary journals, especially on very specific topics, sometimes are really scrounging for papers, and will consider a lot of student comments.

This is all true. However, a big obstacle is the length issue. Comments/ notes are typically too short to be considered articles and too long to be published as case notes. Be willing to expand/ adjust your paper.