Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Typo in Writing Sample  (Read 1425 times)

superman10

• View Profile
Typo in Writing Sample
« on: August 11, 2007, 04:26:12 PM »
Hi, I just realized that on the first page of my writing sample, there is a glaring typo. I must have been moving some things around right before I printed it, and the cites are not underlined or italicized. I have no idea how that happenend, because on my original paper, they are underlined correctly. These are the very first cites of my writing sample, and will surely be noticed.

I was going to email the person who interviewed me a copy of my updated, non-typo writing sample, should I just say here is an updated writing sample? Will they be confused as to what could have changed in my writing sample in just two days? Should I just explicitly say that please use this instead??

Would love to know your opinion on this...

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Typo in Writing Sample
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 04:59:11 PM »
Wow, that sucks. Why not just email the writing sample with no explanation and hope the interviewer won't notice? I don't know though, that's a tough situation. Hey, at least this didn't happen to you:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php?topic=6781.msg53854

That has to be my all time favorite thread.

oscarsonthepond

• mmm....bOOYA!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Typo in Writing Sample
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 01:05:29 AM »
Personally, I'd just forget about it and not stress.  The last attorney I talked to (who is really a top notch litigator) said his bluebook is the 14th edition.  I don't know what they're looking for in a writing sample, but I don't think it's to find out whether you underline/italicize case names.