Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OCI lottery  (Read 3468 times)

Alamo79

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OCI lottery
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 01:00:19 PM »

1) The only thing that makes you sound ignorant is your misuse of the word "incredulous."  Irregardless of its listing as a synonym of "incredible" in the dictionary, it's there literally only because of its ubiquitous bastardization.

And the only thing that makes you sound ignorant is your use of an illogical word, "irregardless."   

:P  Sorry, I couldn't help myself...I hate that word.

Yeah, that was intentional--I hate it too.  My boss this summer attempted to change "regardless" to "irregardless" during a conference drafting a court order this summer.  Pretty embarrassing. 

I also slipped "literally", another one of my favorites, in there for good measure.

TPS Report

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 01:18:52 PM »
It seems that for my school, law firms all shack up in one hotel and have suites with snacks, drinks, and other toys for the interviewing students.  If your school is the same way, you could always stop by the hospitality suite of a firm that didn't select you for an interview (or maybe you just didn't get them through the lottery system) and drop off your resume and cover letter. 

I think it goes without saying that just because you didn't get an interview through OCI that you can't otherwise send them a resume or call their recruiting coordinator.

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 06:59:37 AM »
Several of the firms I sent cover letters to said that if I didn't get an interview through OCI lottery, then they'd add me.