Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: how long before call backs  (Read 4194 times)

eli250

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
how long before call backs
« on: August 08, 2007, 01:35:07 PM »
For all those whove gone through OCI before, how soon after your screening interview did you receive phone calls asking for you to come in for call back interviews?

Lucero

• View Profile
Re: how long before call backs
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 05:03:47 PM »
For the big firms, very quickly - usually within a day or two. For the medium / smaller firms, it varies, but usually within two weeks I would say. Obviously these are just general timeframes, so please don't slam me with your personal exception when you got the call back 3 months later. The big firms are the most predictable - if you haven't heard anything within a couple of days, expect a nice little form letter in the mail.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 04:47:18 PM »
I think pretty much all of my callback offers came within a few days of the interview, and the offers I received after my callbacks were within a week.

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 04:04:53 AM »
if the screening interview took place at a job fair rather than OCI, do callback invitations also take only a week or so?
testing testing 1 2 3

oscarsonthepond

• mmm....bOOYA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 01:13:18 AM »
Yes...same applies for fairs (in my experience).

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 01:30:38 AM »
I think pretty much all of my callback offers came within a few days of the interview, and the offers I received after my callbacks were within a week.

If the callback interview took place in the beginning of August (extremely early in the game), would the offers be made within a week as well or would they want to wait until they're done interviewing other applicants in job fairs and OCI? 
testing testing 1 2 3

p0six

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 03:24:49 AM »
I had a callback interview last week and they told me that their hiring committee doesn't meet until early sept. so to otherwise not expect anything until around then.

oscarsonthepond

• mmm....bOOYA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 10:09:58 AM »
If the callback interview took place in the beginning of August (extremely early in the game), would the offers be made within a week as well or would they want to wait until they're done interviewing other applicants in job fairs and OCI? 

I think this again depends on the firm size.  If the office you interviewed at is hiring 50 summers, then they'll know right away no matter what the date is whether or not they want you - and they'll let you know too.  If the office is hiring 2 or 3 summers, they probably will want to do more callbacks before making decisions on anybody.

wakaranai

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 11:37:42 AM »

I think this again depends on the firm size.  If the office you interviewed at is hiring 50 summers, then they'll know right away no matter what the date is whether or not they want you - and they'll let you know too.  If the office is hiring 2 or 3 summers, they probably will want to do more callbacks before making decisions on anybody.

This makes sense, especially if you have a callback before schools really dig into their OCI schedule. If the firm only has 2-3 spots to offer and is screening people at a lot of elite schools, it doesn't make sense to fill up all the positions before finishing OCI.

P-Dinelaw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 01:24:51 AM »
Big firms usually call back the next day.