Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Probability of Interview leading to SA Position???  (Read 2988 times)

2L

• View Profile
Re: Probability of Interview leading to SA Position???
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 05:21:02 AM »
I have to agree with Raven. Lower firms won't really look at you assuming that the higher ranked ones will take you anyway.

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 04:08:43 AM »
someone correct me if i'm wrong but i sometimes get the impression that getting a screening interview doesn't really mean much.  When an employer attends your school for OCI they need to kill the whole day so they just pack their schedule with as many students as they can fit.  i think they pretty much have a good idea as to who they're planning to invite for a callback interview even before the screening. 
testing testing 1 2 3

middlelanguage

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 07:08:16 PM »
Wrong. If you have a screening interview, that is what the firm uses to see who they should invite back.

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 10:37:56 PM »
Wrong. If you have a screening interview, that is what the firm uses to see who they should invite back.

won't the firm already know who they want back just from looking at your GPA/rank and then weed out the socially awkward ppl?
testing testing 1 2 3

Suzieq830

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 12:04:23 PM »
on a related note, whats an average number of screening interviews that would show you have a good shot at landing SOME sort of SA position? 10? 20? 30?

rutherford

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 01:13:58 PM »
So, I have 9 interviews so far via Prescreened OCI.  I still hope to get some via direct writes. In any event, here's hoping for something to come of it.

Suzieq830

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 01:17:31 PM »
congrats on your interviews and good luck!!  we find out about OCI tomorrow, but its a lottery system so it really takes the tension down a notch..

Krisace

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 11:36:40 AM »
ANBUDOM is right.  Screeenings don't mean all that much merely from the fact that you still have the same competition going on within the screening process that you had for the OCI slots themselves.  I imagine if you did a study, the top students get the most call-backs (by far) and those closer to the top 20%, 25% get far fewer.  This would just show how much grades still play in.