Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Government/public interest jobs  (Read 1116 times)

Jackie_Chiles

• View Profile
Government/public interest jobs
« on: August 02, 2007, 12:27:23 PM »
Does anybody out there have any advice for those seeking a government job for the 2L summer?  I am currently at a T2 law school in Boston, and I am just completing an internship at the district attorney's office.  For next summer, I don't want to work at a firm, but rather a DA's office or a city law department (i.e., Boston law department or NYC law department).  I want to work in government my first few years out of law school for the litigation experience.

Does anybody know, coming out of Boston, my chances to land a government job in New York City as a 2L next summer?  Are govt. jobs more/less competitive than summer associate positions?   

Suzieq830

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Government/public interest jobs
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 01:45:36 PM »
I'm at a law school in Boston  (rising 2L) and Im doing public interest in work in NY (for my 1L summer) i only applied to jobs in NY and I had quite a few interviews. id say your chances are good if you have good work experience and a genuine commitment to whatever your interested in (crim law?)

I dont think that being at a boston school puts you at a disadvantage if you have the credentials to back it up