Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW waitlist: what's going on?  (Read 24159 times)

chriszl

• View Profile
    • Email
GW waitlist: what's going on?
« on: July 30, 2007, 02:44:09 PM »
Hi, I'd like to seek advice on GW's waitlist:
I am still on GW's waitlist (as of July.30)
they've updated their list twice
I survived but still waiting
according to them
now there is only "a very small number of people" on the list
when people withdraw in Aug, they'll make more offers
but their orientation starts Aug.14

How much chance do I have?
Am I still likely to go GW?
How many people are going to withdraw in Aug?

thanks

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GW waitlist: what's going on?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 03:36:54 PM »
Dude, you are posting on an internet forum, not a crystal ball.  It could go either way.  I've heard of people getting into GW's waitlist the day before classes begin, but I wouldn't count on it.  At this point I would be ready for your fall back school and if GW works out, be happy for it.  Though, getting an apartment in DC that short notice if you aren't from here will be expensive since you will have to take whatever you find.

chriszl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 03:56:46 PM »
if I had the crystal ball, I won't post here ;)
apartment is the last thing I worry about
I really don't want to miss out the orientation
which is only two weeks away

Dude, you are posting on an internet forum, not a crystal ball.  It could go either way.  I've heard of people getting into GW's waitlist the day before classes begin, but I wouldn't count on it.  At this point I would be ready for your fall back school and if GW works out, be happy for it.  Though, getting an apartment in DC that short notice if you aren't from here will be expensive since you will have to take whatever you find.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 04:43:53 PM »

Well, do you have money in at other schools?  The reality is you are likely  not getting into GW at this point so don't hold your breath.  Just let it be happy, unexpected news if you do get in.

chriszl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 05:19:09 PM »

Well, do you have money in at other schools?  The reality is you are likely  not getting into GW at this point so don't hold your breath.  Just let it be happy, unexpected news if you do get in.

Man, that's my problem, I am expecting too much, I really want to go GW.
I can't "Just let it be happy", I wish I could...
Are you in GW 1L?