Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question on Tiers...  (Read 2510 times)

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Tiers...
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 04:38:09 PM »
If you're not sure you want to go to school this fall, you need to decide soon before you end up in debt for nothing. Of if you are on scholarship, you end up jobless for nothing.

I admire you wanting to do the right thing for your daughter... I think if you were seriously considering a legal career, Penn would be an obvious choice. You'd find the childcare help you needed and your daughter would adjust to a new place. It might be harder in the short term, but the long term rewards stand to be much higher.

Williamette is a good local choice, however, and a good choice for practicing law in your region, though. You and your daughter have the emotional benefit of being in a familiar place and local family support.

Once you have graduated and practiced for a good number of years, where you went to school matters a lot less. What you have done in the time since matters more. The opportunties coming out of Williamette will not be as great as Penn, but you certainly are in an under-served legal market. So the opportunities for a local grad in this market would be greater than a more saturated location like Chicago or NYC.

Good luck with your decision whether or not to attend Williamette this fall. That is the most important decision factor at this stage in the game-- and one you need to make for yourself.
I like this response I will increase your reputation.
I wanna be a gunner when I grow up.

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Tiers...
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 02:09:08 AM »
children stop fighting...

now kiss and make up
testing testing 1 2 3