Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown, Boalt or U of M  (Read 6349 times)

FortuneBold

• View Profile
Re: Georgetown, Boalt or U of M
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 11:06:09 PM »
Wait, Boalt has no grades?!!

Coolio

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 01:21:10 AM »

NO they do. They have Honors/Pass/Fail something like that. But employers get very skeptical if you don't have any honors.

Just choose a school that is the best fit for you.
All three schools are not that prestigious. They are 2nd tier schools if you ask me. Unless its HYSC the prestige isn't really there. Of course it is better than UC Hastings.

I would go with Boalt. NOT BECAUSE OF THE USNWR rankings. Some moron suggested that he should go to Boalt because they are a lot higher in rankings than GULC. Pre-law lol.
Boalt seems more laid back, relaxed, and funner :)

AkhilAmar

• Sr. Citizen
  • Need lots of good karma!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 09:10:36 PM »

NO they do. They have Honors/Pass/Fail something like that. But employers get very skeptical if you don't have any honors.

All three schools are not that prestigious. They are 2nd tier schools if you ask me. Unless its HYSC the prestige isn't really there. Of course it is better than UC Hastings.

I would go with Boalt. NOT BECAUSE OF THE USNWR rankings. Some moron suggested that he should go to Boalt because they are a lot higher in rankings than GULC. Pre-law lol.

I definitely disagree with that assertion. IMO, the majority of the top 10 hold an elevated national reputation/prestige in comparison with all other schools, not just the top four.

BTW, congrats on your acceptances ploki, I'd love to be in your spot. I agree with the general leaning toward UofM and Boalt. I don't know anything about Boalt other than what's on LSAC.org and USNEWS, but I'm from Michigan and absolutely love Ann Arbor (I actually took my LSAT prep course in AA just so I had a reason to hang out on weekends). The city is urban-progressive and culturally vibrant, yet small enough to allow one to feel grounded. Also, AA has the best deli in the world, right down the street from the LS, in Maize and Blue Delicatessen. As mentioned above, the law school's architecture is impressive; the quad is an awe-inspiring sight.

Hope your decision went well!
UGPA: 3.8

LSAT: Dec. '07

Dream school: Michigan!

Coolio

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 07:30:18 PM »

I definitely disagree with that assertion. IMO, the majority of the top 10 hold an elevated national reputation/prestige in comparison with all other schools, not just the top four.

BTW, congrats on your acceptances ploki, I'd love to be in your spot. I agree with the general leaning toward UofM and Boalt. I don't know anything about Boalt other than what's on LSAC.org and USNEWS, but I'm from Michigan and absolutely love Ann Arbor (I actually took my LSAT prep course in AA just so I had a reason to hang out on weekends). The city is urban-progressive and culturally vibrant, yet small enough to allow one to feel grounded. Also, AA has the best deli in the world, right down the street from the LS, in Maize and Blue Delicatessen. As mentioned above, the law school's architecture is impressive; the quad is an awe-inspiring sight.

That's because only thing you know is USNEWS and LSAC.org. Good luck with your 1L year. National Reputation? Haha So GULC enjoys less national reputation than UMich? LOL. Yall the same in my eyes. Doesn't GULC have higher LSAT/GPA than UM? Haha! 

AkhilAmar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 12:43:39 AM »

That's because only thing you know is USNEWS and LSAC.org. Good luck with your 1L year. National Reputation? Haha So GULC enjoys less national reputation than UMich? LOL. Yall the same in my eyes. Doesn't GULC have higher LSAT/GPA than UM? Haha! 

Seeing as how U.S. News is respected (when all the bitching is all said and done students and employers are still paying close attention to it), it'd definitely say UM holds a better national reputation than GT.

Both are world class, but GT is seen as a "lawyer factory."

Here's what U.S. News indicates:
UM: Peer Assessment: 4.5
    Judge/Lawyer score: 4.6

GT: Peer Assessment: 4.1
    Judge/Lawyer score: 4.3

Nationally speaking, I definitely give the nod to UM, but obviously I'd love to attend either.

Coolio

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 12:28:07 AM »

Seeing as how U.S. News is respected (when all the bitching is all said and done students and employers are still paying close attention to it), it'd definitely say UM holds a better national reputation than GT.

Nationally speaking, I definitely give the nod to UM, but obviously I'd love to attend either.

I am very aware of USNWR. Hey 0L! LOL You make me laugh. Those assessment scores are poorly conjured up. Go look at how many judges and lawyers participated in that list. You are so funny. Good luck at Vandy!

AkhilAmar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 05:31:07 PM »

I am very aware of USNWR. Hey 0L! LOL You make me laugh. Those assessment scores are poorly conjured up. Go look at how many judges and lawyers participated in that list. You are so funny. Good luck at Vandy!

The only thing that is laughable here is your lack of an argument. Perhaps an unrepresentative sample of lawyers and judges was taken, but that small sample provides at least some evidence (whether or not it's sound evidence) for my opinion while your opinion remains a mere value judgment.

Coolio

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 09:21:14 PM »

The only thing that is laughable here is your lack of an argument. Perhaps an unrepresentative sample of lawyers and judges was taken, but that small sample provides at least some evidence (whether or not it's sound evidence) for my opinion while your opinion remains a mere value judgment.

Not really. He provided a weak argument. Namely, the USNWR sent some surveys out to bunch of old judges and 30 of them returned the survey. Therefore, he said, UM has a national prestige over Georgetown, 0.3 to be exact.

My argument was that his conclusion is flawed since the surveys are poorly conducted. Oh yeah. You are correct. The "some evidence" he gave is not a "sound evidence."

Good luck with LSAT! 165 and ready to go to Vandy huh? As for me, I will be heading to BigLaw from T6 law school. LOL!

AkhilAmar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 12:26:32 AM »
congrats!!!

a T6 degree coupled with your ignorance, arrogance, and overall obnoxious personlity will get you far!

A winning combo!
!
!
!
!
!

Coolio

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »
congrats!!!

a T6 degree coupled with your ignorance, arrogance, and overall obnoxious personlity will get you far!

A winning combo!
!
!
!
!
!

It will. It's called Skadden Arps. A place you will never get to even visit. Why? Guess what they call people like you? A troll. Guess what we don't call you. Back!