Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Email or Snail-Mail SA Application materials  (Read 1713 times)

jontor7

• View Profile
    • Email
Email or Snail-Mail SA Application materials
« on: July 24, 2007, 10:26:26 AM »
Anyone here considering emailing his/her SA application materials to firms non-oci firms? Seeking Advice on the best way to go about this.

rutherford

• View Profile
Re: Email or Snail-Mail SA Application materials
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 10:31:25 AM »
 I have spoke with my CDO and an outside recruiter who said that I should email.

eli250

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 12:01:03 PM »
emailing would certainly be easier and cheaper.
Are you all waiting until after OCI interviews are over before mailing out applications to not OCI firms?

rutherford

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 12:11:47 PM »
Interviews are not until late August for me (if I get any); therefore, I will likely send them out earlier.

jontor7

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 02:25:07 PM »
I plan to start mailing out in early august....wo the consesus here is email? For some reason I have this feeling that recruiters will look unfavorably at apps that came in via email.

SJ228

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 10:15:44 AM »
I did/doing a paper mail. I was told not to do email unless you already have a connection with the person/firm. Although email seems to be the suggested form here...

jontor7

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 10:48:02 AM »
I did/doing a paper mail. I was told not to do email unless you already have a connection with the person/firm. Although email seems to be the suggested form here...

SJ:
Who suggested the paper mail to you? I'm leaning towards paper mail myself but the cost is making me rethink.

Yesterday, I was having lunch with 3 associates from different firms and I popped the question, they said that e-mail is the way to go because is more covenient for the recruiters to share your information with hiring attorneys and all...but with paper mail, she will have to go and make copies and keep track of where she kept it..yada..yada..yada. 

I need a recruiter to answer this question. Anyone on this board know a recruiter?

SJ228

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »

SJ:
Who suggested the paper mail to you? I'm leaning towards paper mail myself but the cost is making me rethink.

Yesterday, I was having lunch with 3 associates from different firms and I popped the question, they said that e-mail is the way to go because is more convenient for the recruiters to share your information with hiring attorneys and all...but with paper mail, she will have to go and make copies and keep track of where she kept it..yada..yada..yada. 

I need a recruiter to answer this question. Anyone on this board know a recruiter?

My career services office told me to mail them. They said that while some firms might want email, most people still do paper, so its best to just do paper (for those who dont want email.) The cost is high though. I have printed everything already (because I will be busy with work) and it cost me about 200 dollars. I applied to 4-5 cities.

jontor7

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 11:49:02 AM »
My estimated cost if I do ordinary mail is around $400, not including postage stamps, because my damn transcript is  11 pages.

PS- just got a reply from my school career services suggesting that email is the way to go, but that I should check the instructions on each firm's website.  :-\

GA-fan

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 12:10:11 PM »
I used email and got a summer associate gig from one of my emailed letters last summer. I don't think firms really care- if anything it's a firm-by-firm choice. Look at their career page and follow the instructions. Most have an email address to send your resume to, so I'd use that.