Law School Discussion

12 Hours A DAY?

Re: 12 Hours A DAY?
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2007, 02:33:25 PM »
I learned sometime ago that bashing other individuals choice of law schools, outside of harmless good natured ribbing, is stupid and potentially career harming.  But since 1L is able to hide behind an anonymous screen name, he can say whatever he likes without fear of possible consequences.

1LMan

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2007, 02:41:17 PM »
Well I can imagine with his general attitude and disdain for people who do not go to a T25 that he will remain a federal employee for the rest of his legal career. (Considering the vast majority of lawyers are not from T25 schools)  I wonder if he works for Homeland Security, because the guy who used to run it was a PSU law grad.  I bet he wouldn't talk like that to his face.

Oh I love when you trolls start trying to conjure things up.  The above quote couldn't be further from the truth.  Like I said, I keep trying to cut this off and move on, others just won't let it die.

Good luck to you.  So long.

1LMan

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2007, 07:03:50 PM »
Former Pennsylvania Governor, and 1st Director then Secratary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge.  A Fine upstanding Pennsylvanian From Munhall, in Pittsburgh PA, graduated From The Dickinson School of Law in 1972 with a brief stint in Vietnam between his 1L and 2L years.

Wahoo, great job finding the exceptions and not the rule.  Be realistic.  Sure, every now and again, even a handful of students from lower ranked schools are going to go on and do GREAT things.  However, the reality is that those folks likely make up 5-10% of Dickinson's law school population over history.

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2007, 07:15:27 PM »
On the other hand, let's remember the sparkling reputation for capability that Bush appointees generally have.  Is is a case of a few bad apples spoiling the bunch, or is it an endemic characteristic of the administration?

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2007, 07:39:44 AM »
This isn't a pissing contest so I'm not going there...

Have military experience as well, am a federal government employee, and obvioiusly have done well enough at what I do that uncle sam will be paying for me to go to a Top 25 university.

Good luck to you wiz.  I have better things to do than see who has what credentials.  Obviously yours didn't amount to much if they have you going to PSU this fall.

Believe it or not, one's law school is not necessarily a reflection of one's credentials. I could have had a nearly-free 3 years at a top 25 law school too, but I chose Penn State instead, for a variety of reasons. It's foolish to assume that everyone goes to the best school to which he is accepted, or that you can accurately judge one's abilities and credentials by her choice of law school.

1LMan

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2007, 09:36:15 AM »
Well your decision to choose a tier 3 (or is it tier 4?) law school over a T 25 are likely going to bite you later down the road when you try want gainful employment.

« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2007, 09:38:01 AM »
It's a T2. And I guess that remains to be seen. I'm pretty sure I'll be just fine though. Thanks for your concern.

« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2007, 09:44:02 AM »
Well your decision to choose a tier 3 (or is it tier 4?) law school over a T 25 are likely going to bite you later down the road when you try want gainful employment.

Just wondering...what year are you?

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2007, 01:02:27 PM »
Ten bucks says he probably doesn't even go to law school...

1LMan

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2007, 01:05:55 PM »
Ten bucks says he probably doesn't even go to law school...

You would lose that bet.