Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone considering Nova Southeastern??  (Read 766 times)

jds

• View Profile
    • Email
Anyone considering Nova Southeastern??
« on: March 30, 2005, 09:56:36 PM »
I just got accepted at NSU law and my seat deposit is due this Friday (4/1). Anyone have any input on what I should do? Anyone considering going there? I'm still waiting on responses from a lot of schools.

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone considering Nova Southeastern??
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 10:18:41 PM »
I just got accepted at NSU law and my seat deposit is due this Friday (4/1). Anyone have any input on what I should do? Anyone considering going there? I'm still waiting on responses from a lot of schools.

You want your decision in a few days?  I would call and ask for an extension. 

jds

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 10:22:13 PM »
I tried asking for an extension...it didn't work. I was out of town since the 18th. Came home last week and saw I was accepted, but had to pay up by April 1st...sux. I'm still on a couple waiting lists and waiting on reponses from "better" schools. But Nova is the best so far. I'm thinking I should send the $500 as a cushion just in case.

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 10:24:37 PM »
I tried asking for an extension...it didn't work. I was out of town since the 18th. Came home last week and saw I was accepted, but had to pay up by April 1st...sux. I'm still on a couple waiting lists and waiting on reponses from "better" schools. But Nova is the best so far. I'm thinking I should send the $500 as a cushion just in case.

Did you speak with someone in authority or just a secretary?  If you did, then I guess you have no choice but to pay. 

What is the date on the admission letter? 

jds

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 10:36:13 PM »
A secretary went and asked a superior. The acceptance letter is dated 3/21. Are you considering Nova also?

starter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 10:44:16 PM »
What other schools are you waiting on? Did you send in the deposit? What is your top choice and what are your numbers?

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 10:47:36 PM »
A secretary went and asked a superior. The acceptance letter is dated 3/21. Are you considering Nova also?

I did not apply to Nova.  But today I was able to get a two week extension from two different schools because I still have applications outstanding. 

jds

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 10:50:51 PM »
Still waiting on Thomas Jefferson, McGeorge, UNLV, Southwestern, and New England. I'm on a waiting list at Golden Gate and John Marshall.
153 LSAT, 2.8 Cum. GPA, 3.12 Degree GPA.

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 12:08:20 AM »
My guess is you may get dinged at UNLV, Southwestern, and McGeorge. The rest are good possibilities, unless your PS was written in crayon you should get into one or more.

I realize it is way to late for this advice, but...Most of those schools are in big cities that have highly competitive markets. You may have benn better off to apply to schools that are in more remote areas or less competetive markets......Albany, Pierce, Western N.E., Vermont, Widener PA, Memphis, Southern Ill., Cleveland, and many others........just a thought.

Wow $500 is high, I might still send it though just to be on the safe side. Is any portion of it refundable (probably not eh)?

I wish you the best of luck.

jds

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 01:22:07 AM »
Yeah, I know. My hopes aren't as high as they used to be, but location is very important to me. I can't live in a small rural area. I grew up and lived in L.A. my whole life, so I'd only be comfortable in a comparable place.