Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do Law Reviews deal with students transferring AFTER accepting membership?  (Read 813 times)

CU1989

• View Profile
Do law reviews have a waiting  list (of sorts) to fill vacancies caused by students deciding to transfer AFTER accepting membership onto the journal??

I ask not because I am interested in transferring, but because I am interested in filling some of these vacancies :)

My school's LR has yet to announce their newest members, but I imagine they will before many transfer decisions are made.

CU1989

• View Profile
I would imagine they merely hold off on sending out rejections until near the end of August, but then again, some LRs have already accepted and rejected members.

roygbiv

• View Profile
My school did not fill my vacancy.

rhombot

• Sr. Citizen
  • hanthala
    • View Profile
my school does fill vacancies.

My school did not fill my vacancy.
case '09

CU1989

• View Profile
Very interesting.  I wish Law Reviews would fill vacancies; maybe it depends on how many accepted members transfer.  To the poster that said his law review did not fill his vacancy, were they upset or annoyed with your decision to transfer?  We turned in our casenotes in late May and have yet to hear anything.

roygbiv

• View Profile
Not that I know of. I never heard anything negative from anyone. In fact, the EIC apparently talked to my contracts professor about it who wrote me an email congratulating me. Funny thing is that I didn't even think he could remember who I am, much less write a very complimentary email.

Very interesting.  I wish Law Reviews would fill vacancies; maybe it depends on how many accepted members transfer.  To the poster that said his law review did not fill his vacancy, were they upset or annoyed with your decision to transfer?  We turned in our casenotes in late May and have yet to hear anything.