Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hear back from law review?  (Read 605 times)

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Hear back from law review?
« on: July 15, 2007, 02:30:36 AM »
Have you all heard back on whether or not you were accepted into law review?  It's been almost 2 months since we've submitted our write-on material and we have yet to hear back.  Is this the norm or is my school particularly slow and incompetent?

There are a lot of job fair applications due Sunday at midnight and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear back by then...
testing testing 1 2 3

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Hear back from law review?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 09:58:43 AM »
That's really bad they haven't told you and there are job fairs that have deadlines.  My school told our rising 2Ls just after the 4th so they could get job fair resume drops in.

I would keep track of who you drop with for the job fairs, and if you make it onto LR, you can always mail them an updated resume, with a cover letter explaining who you are and why you're updating.

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 10:33:01 AM »
It's always slow.  Remember that the reviewers are not doing this full-time.  Most of them have full-time summer associate jobs or clerkships, which include a lot of events after work they are expected to attend.  So there just isn't much time in every day to read the submissions, and it's not just a read through or scan to see if it's good.  Cites have to be meticulously checked.

lawmama09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 11:30:01 AM »
We just heard on the 9th and our write-ons were due May 20, so there was some lag time for us. I hope you hear soon!

CU1989

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 05:33:45 PM »
Our casenotes were due May 31st, and we are still waiting for the results..........It's killing me!