Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Summer reading assignment?  (Read 3949 times)

CStoJD2010

• View Profile
Summer reading assignment?
« on: July 13, 2007, 10:28:33 PM »
When does this come out?  I've heard they have people starting 1L read a book over the summer, but I haven't heard anything yet.  When do they give out this assignment/tell us what book to read?  And what is the book?

Thanks

shimmeringfades

• View Profile
Re: Summer reading assignment?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 03:10:47 PM »
From past years it looks like we'll get it with the section assignments around the beginning of August - I thought it was a writing assignment though? I didn't realize there was an entire book involved...
SMU 2010!

Prizark

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 04:18:08 PM »
I've already gotten the reading assignment from my school. Supposedly they will be mailing more work at the beginning of Aug.

I think that when you get your work depends on your school

CStoJD2010

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 11:21:26 AM »
From past years it looks like we'll get it with the section assignments around the beginning of August - I thought it was a writing assignment though? I didn't realize there was an entire book involved...

Yea I dunno I just had dinner with my Aunt and she had a friend who started at SMU Law in '02 and they had her read a book, according to my Aunt.  Who knows.. thats why I asked :)

Prizark

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 01:55:10 PM »
I read a book

Dwigt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 12:07:59 AM »
Last year, the biggest thing we had to do was read the code of professional responsibility and write a paper for LRWA regarding several hypothetical violations.  It was just a diagnostic essay to make sure you don't need any additional writing instruction.  Not a huge deal.  Each class may have some minor first day reading assignments which will either be posted on SMU's website or the professor will email them to you.