Law School Discussion

Class of 2010?

leostrauss

• The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
Re: Class of 2010?
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2007, 09:48:34 AM »
Section 2 Group B

Jumus

• Two-Fisted Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2007, 10:06:42 AM »
Section 2 Group D

Con Law - Young
Civ Pro - Hansen
Crim Law - Sharlot
LR&W - Meyer

All the classes are in a block from 10am - 3pm, but I don't really get any days off although Thursday and Friday have only one class each. Could've been better, could've been worse.

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2007, 10:50:46 AM »
I'm in D also!  I've heard great things about the profs, especially Sokolow.  10:30 starts with only one class on Thurs. and Fri. is too sweet.  Does anybody know if garage parking spaces are supposed to be guaranteed w/ a permit?

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2007, 11:02:36 AM »
Yep... and I think they're still offering SJG permits.  Weird, considering the post on Freshlaw claiming that it's "extremely difficult" to get in.

Nasche is Nasty

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2007, 11:09:19 AM »
I'm Section 1, Group A. I don't see anyone else posting that they're in this section, so I'm assuming I'll be all alone. Ain't a bad schedule; I've only got one class on Friday, though that's my earliest of the week (9:30). 10:30 for the rest of the week. I can live with that.

Con Law I           Lucas A Powe Jr
Criminal Law I        Susan R Klein
Legal Research & Legal Writing        Elizabeth S Chestney
Torts        Frank B Cross

Who knows some info on these professors / knows where to get some info?

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2007, 12:52:47 PM »
3a for me.  not terribly excited about it, but it could be worse (putting off torts is just fine with me).

Civil Procedure           Linda S Mullenix
Contracts        Katherine V Litvak
Property        Lynn E Blais
Legal Research & Legal Writing        Sean J Petrie

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2007, 05:42:39 PM »
Schiess is good for LR&W.  I've not had him, but have spent some time with him otherwise.  I also know several people who had him and say he is a great professor.

I have had Bridges and Petrie for R&W classes.  I think they are both good at what they do, though their teaching styles are vastly different.  Bridges' classes were more serious events, while Petrie likes to weave in a bit of humor and pop culture references (mainly consisting of the TV shows he is currently watching).

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2007, 08:49:55 PM »
I'm Section 1, Group A. I don't see anyone else posting that they're in this section, so I'm assuming I'll be all alone. Ain't a bad schedule; I've only got one class on Friday, though that's my earliest of the week (9:30). 10:30 for the rest of the week. I can live with that.

Con Law I           Lucas A Powe Jr
Criminal Law I        Susan R Klein
Legal Research & Legal Writing        Elizabeth S Chestney
Torts        Frank B Cross

Who knows some info on these professors / knows where to get some info?

You're not alone...I'm Section 1 Group A also.  The UT Law website has faculty profiles, so that helps some I guess...

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2007, 02:04:28 AM »
Yep... and I think they're still offering SJG permits.  Weird, considering the post on Freshlaw claiming that it's "extremely difficult" to get in.

Felsen, did you have Berman for anything?  Or heard anything about him?

i'm not felsen, but i thought i would pipe in here.

last year berman taught con law, not crim.  i had him for con law during the fall and found him to be a great prof and, once you get over the initial fright, a real funny guy.  he assigned more reading than any other prof that taught my section (it was all unedited cases, no case book) which left everyone moaning and groaning.  i suspect that his no casebook policy is limited to con law.

Jumus

• Two-Fisted Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2007, 11:56:34 PM »
I'm pretty much flat broke until my loans disburse, so I won't be able to get any books until Monday.