Law School Discussion

2.02 at T4

2.02 at T4
« on: July 11, 2007, 07:58:37 PM »
Help! I worked my butt off all last year, and my GPA stands at at 2.02. I have read several books on exam taking and had no life inorder to study, and still no improvement. I did very well in undergrad, but haven't been as lucky on exams. My profs have told me that my biggest problem is my exam organization, any ideas on how I can improve that? (things that have worked for you in the past).

I would really like some helpfull advice- nothing rude or mean.

I go to school on the west coast (my family is on the east)- and I was incredibly home sick and depressed for most of the year. [which may have had something to do with my grades] any help would be great.

Also given my gpa and school rank, is there any chance that I can get a good paying job back on the east side?

jacy85

• View Profile
Re: 2.02 at T4
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 08:08:10 PM »
What's your class rank?  If you're bottom 25%, you may have a very, very difficult time finding any job, let along a well paying job across the country where your school has little or no reputation and likely very few alums to help you out.

As for advice on exam taking...I think this might be too little to late, but have you tried LEEWS?  This was a question better asked after first semester, unfortunately.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 08:33:47 PM »
I have the same problems, I am below avg. on issue spotting and pretty bad at organization, though I'm probably above avg. on analysis.  My grades are around the median at a middle of the pack Tier 1 school (20-30 range).  My professors advised that IRAC as flawed as it is may help my exam organization.  Also make sure you understand the prima facie case, in torts for example it makes no sense to talk about affirmative defenses until have you have established liability for example.  In a class that deals with statutes, don't delve into the elements of the statute until you first explain why the statute is applicable to the fact situation, which would usually mean explaining some of the defintions and subject matter clauses of the statute. 

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 09:13:52 PM »
If you want a job on the east coast, you're going to need to make A LOT of connections.  It's possible, but as an above poster stated, it is going to be extremely hard.  Also, please get LEEWS; B's or better or your money back.  www.leews.com