Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Whats the most annoying thing a 1L can do?  (Read 3251 times)

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the most annoying thing a 1L can do?
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2007, 07:04:15 PM »

[/quote]

The rollie-bag is indicative of weakness and/or old-ness.  Both qualities are frowned upon in law school. 
[/quote]

That's funny b/c at my school lots of young people use rolly bags..those books are just too heavy. And they were men and women. Like I've stated in other threads there are many things that are genuinely annoying {rolling over feet, eating loud food in class, not turning off you phone before class} but there are things people will talk *&^% about just because they're frustrated and stressed and talking *&^% makes them feel better. It's just redirected aggression.

pappy13

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2007, 07:16:51 PM »
Which clearly doesn't speak to the question of why the rollie is necessary for a part time student who has at most, 2 classes on any given day.

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2007, 08:00:08 PM »
these r interesting things to bring up. I have never found rollies annoying or really even noticed who uses them. I also never really found eating or drinkng in class that annoying. I guess different people just notice different things. I guess i would be annoyed if someone spilled something on me more than once though. that really isnt a law school thing but a normal everyday thing to get annoyed about.

Im kind of interested by what kind of things im gonna find annoying next year when i am thrown in with a mostly all new group of students now that we dont have sections anymore.
Attending: OU

purpeng

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2007, 08:09:50 PM »

Im kind of interested by what kind of things im gonna find annoying next year when i am thrown in with a mostly all new group of students now that we dont have sections anymore.

Have you been annoyed this summer?  I find certain people's voices annoying, but that's not specific to law school.  I think our summer classes provided way fewer opportunities to be irritated than my 1L classes did, but maybe that's a function of summer, or of me personally being more relaxed.

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2007, 08:32:05 PM »
Which clearly doesn't speak to the question of why the rollie is necessary for a part time student who has at most, 2 classes on any given day.

If she has two classes then she has two textbooks- some of these books {like con law} can weigh as much as 5 pounds, plus her laptop, notes etc. Also she might carry another book to do reading if she gets to class early. This is 3 books a laptop and any other notes she might have. That's alot of *&^% to lug around on her back. It makes perfect sense, and unlike you she won't be dealing w/ back pain and chiropractors later in life.