Law School Discussion

Whats the most annoying thing a 1L can do?

Re: Whats the most annoying thing a 1L can do?
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2007, 05:16:51 PM »
Which clearly doesn't speak to the question of why the rollie is necessary for a part time student who has at most, 2 classes on any given day.

verbal

• AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2007, 06:00:08 PM »
these r interesting things to bring up. I have never found rollies annoying or really even noticed who uses them. I also never really found eating or drinkng in class that annoying. I guess different people just notice different things. I guess i would be annoyed if someone spilled something on me more than once though. that really isnt a law school thing but a normal everyday thing to get annoyed about.

Im kind of interested by what kind of things im gonna find annoying next year when i am thrown in with a mostly all new group of students now that we dont have sections anymore.

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2007, 06:09:50 PM »

Im kind of interested by what kind of things im gonna find annoying next year when i am thrown in with a mostly all new group of students now that we dont have sections anymore.

Have you been annoyed this summer?  I find certain people's voices annoying, but that's not specific to law school.  I think our summer classes provided way fewer opportunities to be irritated than my 1L classes did, but maybe that's a function of summer, or of me personally being more relaxed.

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2007, 06:32:05 PM »
Which clearly doesn't speak to the question of why the rollie is necessary for a part time student who has at most, 2 classes on any given day.

If she has two classes then she has two textbooks- some of these books {like con law} can weigh as much as 5 pounds, plus her laptop, notes etc. Also she might carry another book to do reading if she gets to class early. This is 3 books a laptop and any other notes she might have. That's alot of *&^% to lug around on her back. It makes perfect sense, and unlike you she won't be dealing w/ back pain and chiropractors later in life.