Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Whats the most annoying thing a 1L can do?  (Read 3266 times)

nfire1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Whats the most annoying thing a 1L can do?
« on: July 11, 2007, 04:06:23 PM »
I've heard complaints about those roll bags.  Also my friend says it sucks to raise your hand a million times in class and use the word 'slippery slope' many times in the same class period.  So I've got both of these down.

How else can I go about being the most aggravating bastard in my class?  Thanks!
DU '10

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the most annoying thing a 1L can do?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 04:19:52 PM »
go to bars with people but dont drink.
Attending: OU

SergioCQH

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 04:33:35 PM »
Tell everyone how you study 18 hours every day, not including class.

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 04:38:46 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out why so many people are annoyed by roll bags.  I have one because I refuse to hurt my back; attempting to carry all of your law-school books on your back is quite stupid, if you ask me. 

Yes, I know that most law students have lockers, but if you work full time, you need to have all of your books at home, meaning you have to lug all of them to class every time you go.  Unfortunately, I don't have the "luxury" of being around the hallowed law-school halls all day long, where if I want to study a different subject, all I have to do is pay a visit to my locker.

nfire1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 04:48:22 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out why so many people are annoyed by roll bags.  I have one because I refuse to hurt my back; attempting to carry all of your law-school books on your back is quite stupid, if you ask me. 

Yes, I know that most law students have lockers, but if you work full time, you need to have all of your books at home, meaning you have to lug all of them to class every time you go.  Unfortunately, I don't have the "luxury" of being around the hallowed law-school halls all day long, where if I want to study a different subject, all I have to do is pay a visit to my locker.

You would've saved a lot of time by just saying "I use a roll bag, and I'll roll over your toes with them, so lick my gnards f*ckers!"
DU '10

Strong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 06:04:22 PM »
You can add using the word "gnards" to your list.

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 06:08:58 PM »
seeking advice on LSD about how to be annoying

purpeng

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 06:52:08 PM »
go to bars with people but dont drink.

Why is that so irritating?

purpeng

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 06:53:49 PM »
Ha, I just realized who I responded to.  So tell me, Verbal -- I don't go to bars *or* drink, but why is it annoying?

John Galt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 07:03:04 PM »
I don't necessarily have a problem with roll bags per se, even though I think carry books around in travel luggage looks cheesy, it just seems like all the annoying students use them.

For example they say things like:

I have one because I refuse to hurt my back; attempting to carry all of your law-school books on your back is quite stupid, if you ask me. 

... as if they reached some level higher level of actualization because they shop at sampsonite for school bags.

But thats just me.