Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: law job guides  (Read 1271 times)

rhombot

• Sr. Citizen
  • hanthala
    • View Profile
law job guides
« on: July 08, 2007, 12:06:39 PM »
can anyone recommend a guide to legal employment that has good discussion of 2L summers? discussion of public interest work would be a plus. for my 1L summer i just went with the flow, but i feel like i need to be more strategic about my 2L summer job search. thanks.
case '09

rhombot

• Sr. Citizen
  • hanthala
    • View Profile
Re: law job guides
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 06:53:44 PM »
not sure if anyone cares... but i've been reading kimm walton's guerrilla guide to getting the legal job of your dreams. it looks pretty good.
case '09

eli250

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 12:05:17 PM »
She came to speak at our school and talked a lot about going out of your way to make connections.  I'm not sure how many people in law school can really afford to take all that time to be doing the things she recommends.

rhombot

• Sr. Citizen
  • hanthala
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 03:07:04 PM »
yeah, she has lots of recommendations for doing things other than improving your grades. it looks to me like it's a good book for someone who isn't near the top of the class and doesn't have good prospects of graduating near the top. at that point, it becomes useful, i suppose, to distinguish yourself from the other people not near the top, and that's where all the recommended activities come in handy.

i like it because it described a lot of the job search process.
case '09