Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Supplements  (Read 1685 times)

lalalaw

• View Profile
    • Email
Supplements
« on: July 05, 2007, 10:01:13 PM »
Opinions about using the lexis understanding series for property, criminal law, and civ pro?  i've used it only for torts and it was extremely helpful, but was wondering if it was also useful in these subjects.

Frappe

• View Profile
Re: Supplements
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 10:05:44 PM »
I used the understanding series for all of those subjects.  They were pretty helpful.

lawmama09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 10:13:23 PM »
I had Understanding Criminal Law since we also had the Dressler casebook and I thought it was pretty good. I only used it a few times to solidify my understanding of certain concepts though. The attempt and accomplice sections really helped me on our final exam since we had both of those issues.

Strong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 10:27:56 PM »
I used the free Lexis outlines quite a bit, especially for Civ Pro.

I also used Understanding Crim Law purchased with Lexis points. It wasn't very helpful. I would much prefer the LaFave Concise Hornbook on Crim Law.

Anyone know supplements for secured transactions: generally or for Picker?

lalalaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 10:59:07 PM »
Thanks for all the input...I love this board!

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 02:22:48 PM »
first let me say im still chillin' and relaxin' having read a thing except maxim etc.  :) but being the obssesive planner that i am, as august slowly approaches i was wondering if we could get a general idea of supplements that people found helpful. especially those who finished at the top of the class. i know that everyone has to do what works for them but i'm sure some supplements stand out as clearly better than others. i've heard a lot of people say E&E examples and explanations are really good i think...any general advice as far as supplements goes? i'm trying to avoid spending money on everything only to find out that only 2 or 3 were useful.
...man, you was who you was before you got here

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 03:41:57 PM »
Dressler's Understanding Crim Law (Excellent, used the Dressler casebook as well)
Emmanuel's Flash Cards for Torts (alright, but memorizing the Black Letter Law is not that difficult)
Cherminsky's Principles and Policies for Con Law (Excellent, used the Chemerinsky casebook as well)
Glannon's Examples & Explanations for Civ Pro (OK for broad overview but not very in-depth)
Dukeminier BarBri Outline for Property (Excellent, used the Dukeminier casebook as well)

I didn't use anything for Contracts.

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 04:01:47 PM »
Dressler's Understanding Crim Law (Excellent, used the Dressler casebook as well)
Emmanuel's Flash Cards for Torts (alright, but memorizing the Black Letter Law is not that difficult)
Cherminsky's Principles and Policies for Con Law (Excellent, used the Chemerinsky casebook as well)
Glannon's Examples & Explanations for Civ Pro (OK for broad overview but not very in-depth)
Dukeminier BarBri Outline for Property (Excellent, used the Dukeminier casebook as well)

I didn't use anything for Contracts.

AWESOME thanks!
...man, you was who you was before you got here

matty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 07:13:08 PM »
I have found the best online study aides to be the CALI exercises.  Your school should have a subscription for you.  They are great, I used those through all my first year classes and a few second year classes.

http://www.lawschoolstuff.net

HRoark81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 10:07:17 AM »
Introduction to Civil Procedure, by Richard Freer, is definitely worth a look.  It got me an A in Civ Pro.