Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In-state tuition  (Read 7461 times)

todesgebruell

In-state tuition
« on: July 04, 2007, 09:10:16 AM »
Hey Florida people!

I was wondering if anybody knows how hard/easy it is to get instate tuition after one year? 

GA-fan

Re: In-state tuition
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »
Hey-
There's a list on teh UF website on how to get instate tuition, but basically, change your drivers license, insurance and registration, bank accounts, declare domicile at the county courthouse of whatever county you're in (I assume alachua), and register to vote. Make sure you do it at least 360 days before the first day of your second year. From there it's all just paperwork, and it's pretty automatic to get residency.
Good luck and PM me if you have questions about UF.

EdinTally

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: In-state tuition
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 08:48:21 AM »
When I moved down here in '04, the law was; residency for 12 months and a day.  However, I did sit out a year just to make sure they couldn't tag me as out of state (once enrolled out of state, always out of state) for my UG.

All those other things are definitely bonuses that look good if someone decides to give you a hard time about residency or if you don't want to make a federal case out of it.  I forget which school told me I had to work 40hrs a week on top of the year, to become a resident.  I just laughed.  Bureaucrats 4tl.