Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: So my crap school has a guy working at Cravath  (Read 7372 times)

aldine09

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: So my crap school has a guy working at Cravath
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2007, 12:52:17 AM »
He is talking about schools like Seton Hall and Rutgers...not particularly high ranked, but local schools in the NY area.

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2007, 02:07:43 AM »
By the way, I'm almost never in the library, except for journal activity when I need a book.

I was really just wondering what you meant by this... ;D

Lyin Ass

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2007, 02:12:34 AM »
All in all

It seems as though it is not impossible to go into BigLaw, it may be a little unrealistic. But dont let that deter you at all.

I think i heard someone in here say lower your expectations. The Hell???

Never lower your expectations. If you keep them high, you will succeed in law school and get that BIGLAW job because you worked hard and graduated in the top 10% of your class. I just would look more favorably at the person who has the higher ranking/better grades than the person who comes from a T14 with a lower rank and GPA who simply relies n their school name to get them to where they want to be.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2007, 09:40:43 AM »
I just would look more favorably at the person who has the higher ranking/better grades than the person who comes from a T14 with a lower rank and GPA who simply relies n their school name to get them to where they want to be.

And you're opinion matters here because...??  Unless you're a recruiter at a firm, what you would view more favorably is pretty irrelevant.

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2007, 10:16:45 AM »
I just would look more favorably at the person who has the higher ranking/better grades than the person who comes from a T14 with a lower rank and GPA who simply relies n their school name to get them to where they want to be.

And you're opinion matters here because...??  Unless you're a recruiter at a firm, what you would view more favorably is pretty irrelevant.

Wait a minute, easy slim. I guess i must have struck a nerve there ;D

Who said my opinion mattered? If u dont like it, take it with a grain of salt and move on. Nobody is forcing you to accpet it. I see insecurity runs amuck on these boards.

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2007, 10:25:23 AM »

Who said my opinion mattered? If u dont like it, take it with a grain of salt and move on. Nobody is forcing you to accpet it. I see insecurity runs amuck on these boards.

Sparkz is my hero. :-*  I'm going to commend you to 0 but I have wait 3 hours. :)
I wanna be a gunner when I grow up.

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2007, 10:51:08 AM »

Sparkz is my hero. :-*  I'm going to commend you to 0 but I have wait 3 hours. :)

:-*

Right back at ya babe

Just dont understand some posters on here. Get offended over nothing. A mere opinion...

Now how does this work. Commending me to 0 that is. I dont frequent these boards too much

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2007, 10:56:43 AM »
Once you have (I think) 50 or more posts you get to commend, or defame other posters.  That effects the reputation.  I tend to commend more than I defame.  It's childs play but I seem to be obsessed with it.  After each point you give or take you must wait 3 hours before you do it again.  It keep people from loosing control.  Up untill last week I was in the + range then I strated rocking the boat and speaking my mind.  Ahh well...
I wanna be a gunner when I grow up.

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2007, 11:00:01 AM »
Oh, i see

Cute

Dont know if ill ever get to 50 posts here. But then again, its close to school time, so im kind of excited.

aldine09

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2007, 11:24:13 AM »
That was pretty funny that I caught Buddy Holly lying on the boards...Now, everything he's ever said is probably discredited.  I'm sure there are many, many more people on these boards just like him.  Keep that in mind when you read some of these posts.  People are sometimes just trying to scare you.