Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bald Hair  (Read 9238 times)

drbuff123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bald Hair
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 05:13:35 PM »
What about bald females?  Sometimes I just hate the hassle of styline hair.

And male-pattern baldness is definitely passed through the mother.  It's on the X, which men receive from their mother. 

This means that the baldness trait can be inherited from the mother's side of the family or the father's side. The commonly held notion that baldness comes only from the mother's side of the family is incorrect, although for reasons not fully understood, the predisposition inherited from an affected mother is of slightly greater importance than that inherited from an affected father.

http://www.newhair.com/resources/hair-loss-causes.asp

For many years our schools have taught - quite erroneously - that hair loss is always inherited from the mother's father. Medical science now knows that baldness genes are passed down from both sides of the family. They also can skip generations and are utterly random in terms of which siblings they will affect. It is quite common for a woman to keep a full head of hair while her sister begins experiencing severe thinning in her twenties.

http://www.bosley.com/hairloss/causes.php

Just some of the first few that popped up on google

dsnutter

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 07:34:34 PM »
I am going to find it very difficult to part with my goatee. Maybe it will help me landing a job in wescareyouintosettlement law.

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 10:13:41 PM »
Rover, that was such a exceptional, concise response and I think  you're right on the money. I have actually opted to grow out my locks of hair and leave my can of pomade in the waste basket in order to prepare for OCI. I'm thinking Patrick Bateman ala "American Psycho" is a much better option then the short spikey hair most of my younger counterparts will be sporting. ;D

Halberstram, tell me, how is Cecilia?

assiduous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 08:15:32 AM »

Even though a bald head is currently the rage because many men with receding hair lines have resorted to this style to appear cool, the bottom line is that a full head of hair, properly groomed, is still the epitome of class and style. A bald head is a severe distraction despite its trendiness, except for a very small number of men whose head shapes, facial styles, and body types make being bald an option that is flattering.

A goatee on the other hand is always an obvious statement of lack of style, class, and sense. Appearing like a "billy goat" is never cool and clashes greatly with every sense of decency and civilization. Goatees are better left for people who want to strum banjos in the back woods, while they shoot road signs and shop at Wal-Mart. A truly tacky look that places one closer to a trailer park than a law firm culture, likening one to a hillbilly rather than a highly developed professional.

LandRover, you're so fukking funny! ;)

jcarroll17

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »
well here is some input from a balding 1L.  lol...my father and grandfather have full heads of hair but thats beside the point..i guess law school has gotten to me:)

Just a note on genetics... You get your hair from your mother's side of the family, if you're a man.

And goatees are indeed tacky.

This is folklore, except for the goatee part

it is not folklore. if you want a good idea if you will be bald, look at your mother's father. women are not hit with the same visible symptoms being as they have two X chromosomes. Men however, only have one X, so if the X has the bald gene then the Y wont counter it and the guy becomes bald.

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 01:48:57 AM »
i just read the part about goat tee=

why would anyone want a p.u.s.s.y. on their face?  sooo disgusting! 
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus