Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Gambling with OCI  (Read 5659 times)

yykm

• View Profile
Re: Gambling with OCI
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 12:15:13 AM »
Wait, are my to understand that you think you have more job options at a low Tier 1 school than does someone at a top 25 school?

That is just flat out ridiculous.

Hate to burst your bubble, but at a 48 ranked school, with a median gpa, you won't be scoring a bigfirm job.  That's reality.
I think you have it in reverse.  Top 25 school with top 1/3 = good prospects at OCI.  #48 school with top 1/3 iffy prospects at OCI.  Im not sure where you thought I meant otherwise.  Perhaps I miswrote earlier...

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 08:03:31 AM »
Oh yeah...you go to GW not Yale. You're not even at the best school in your city. Stop being an elitist prick.

Enjoy your 200 grand in debt after lawschool for attending the second best school in your own city.

Wait, are my to understand that you think you have more job options at a low Tier 1 school than does someone at a top 25 school?

Hate to burst your bubble, but at a 48 ranked school, with a median gpa, you won't be scoring a bigfirm job.  That's reality.

Actually, we've gone over this dipshi$t.  I won't have any debt.  My employer pays for my legal education.

My generalizations are generally ON POINT, there are exceptions to every rule.  Not to mention, did you ever hear me say that GW was one of the "top schools" I was referring to?  I said the top 10 or so will generally guarantee OCI jobs to most of their students.  Even at GW it is top 1/3-1/2 from what I have generally heard, with some exceptions from networking.

Before you call me an elitist, maybe you should read my post jackas#.

Also, just curious, what do you consider a national law firm?  One that pays $90k a year lol? 

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 08:56:57 PM »
So is 1LMan actually Earapitt? I see your views on life haven't changed if it is.

And as far as the 90K comment, no I don't consider 90K a year a national firm. I consider working for a firm that has offices in 18 cities across the country as working for a national firm.

Oh and one more thing, 90K a year in Orlando will go just as far (if not further) as 145K a year in D.C.

But since you work for the government, you won't be making 90 or 130K a year after school.

I think you have it in reverse.  Top 25 school with top 1/3 = good prospects at OCI.  #48 school with top 1/3 iffy prospects at OCI.  Im not sure where you thought I meant otherwise.  Perhaps I miswrote earlier...

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 10:19:55 PM »
Who said anything about working for the gov't after law school?  My obligation to my agency runs concurrent and expires a month after the completion of a semester.  So, I'll make my $160k (not 145 at many of the firms anymore here) and have zero debt.

Oh, and no, not erapitt, but thanks for asking.

You are the one getting all defensive.  Still sad about your life I see.