2 (20%)
Tom Ridge (Penn State)
 2 (20%)
Judge Judy (NYLS)
 3 (30%)
Geraldo (BLS)
 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Which Lenovo Laptop?  (Read 747 times)

njmonson

• View Profile
Which Lenovo Laptop?
« on: June 25, 2007, 08:21:14 PM »
I am starting school this Fall, and would like to know what your opinions are regarding Lenovo laptops. I can't quite decide between the T61 or X61 Tablet.  I really like the size and flexibility of the tablet, but I feel I could get more for my money with the T61.  My real concern is whether or not I would even use the tablet function.  My question to the board is which one would you choose and why?

KrazyNazi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Which Lenovo Laptop?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 08:35:22 PM »
I have a X60, I believe.  It is the little 12" one.  It is awesome, and don't buy the "extended" battery.  You won't need it, it makes your laptop looks like a$$ and adds extra pound. 
Yale Law School - Class of 09

brightline

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 09:50:20 PM »
I have a T60, which I really like. If you aren't' dead set on having the latest and greatest, you can save a lot of dollars by buying a discontinued configuration that is still in the box and still under warranty. This is what I did. Then you can upgrade slowly by adding more RAM and such.

Thinkpads are great because they can be upgraded more easily than other laptops. Even the processor can be upgraded.

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 09:09:10 AM »
dont get a tablet, they are pointless, get the t61 15 inch... the bigger the screen the better when studying your notes on the computer, and a tablet is really a novelty that will easily fade over time... what school are you starting at? would it happen to be seton hall?
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

njmonson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 02:58:57 PM »
I appreciate everyone's input so far. I am starting to agree that the tablet while pretty cool in it's design and concept, will probably not be that useful at all. I am starting at William Mitchell in St. Paul.

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 07:29:08 PM »
I appreciate everyone's input so far. I am starting to agree that the tablet while pretty cool in it's design and concept, will probably not be that useful at all. I am starting at William Mitchell in St. Paul.

ahh ok, reason I asked is that you had NJ in your name and SHU offers the three laptops u mentioned for a discounted rate and recommends them for 1Ls... but i guess a lot of schools do this
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!